Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I am working on a 2006 300c heritage and I am trying to find a used engine for it. The current one smokes a lot and is missing like crazy. Pretty sure it’s a head gasket. The plan is to build it but I need something to drive in the meantime. The problem I am having is I have no idea what engines will work in the car. I know it’s 06-08 5.7 hemi. But from what. I heard the trucks use a different accessory layout. Anything else I need to know? Like will a jeep work? Or an aspen? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
A couple of things to keep in mind;

If you're looking for a plug-and-play solution, you'll need an MDS engine, so an 06-08 300C, Magnum, or Charger. Check the EGR configuration to be sure it's the same, that's a sticking point on the early Hemis. Avoid the '05 300C unless you want to change valve covers and coil packs, and splice the coil pack pigtails.

RAM and other non-MDS engines won't work. Even if you swap over your heads, accessories and oil pan (and switch the dipstick to the other side), the cam and lifters are not the same. You could use a RAM (non-MDS) short block, if you're building a 5.7 and plan to disable the MDS anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts