Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I really gave up and confused.

I got the jet 180 t_stat and it is time to change the antifreeze along with the t_stat.

I looked every where for the same antifreeze, even stealership does not have it , the red stuff. I found only the green colored antifreeze.

I found dexcool antifreeze and read alot about it, i got more confused, some say it is compatable and say no good.

So is the green antifreeze which the dealer provide ok to use after flushing the system or should i use dexcool after flushing the system too?

Thanks alot for the urgen help.

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
I always thought the Mopar antifreeze that the dealerships usually have should be fine but not sure if they changed something after the 07 models but another alternative is Zerex G05 since the Mopar one is rather expensive IMO.

If you do go with the Zerex G05, make sure you also get 2 gallons of distilled water since it should be a mix of 50/50 if you plan on using the Zerex antifreeze. 2 gallons Zerex and 2 gallons distilled water should be enough.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always thought the Mopar antifreeze that the dealerships usually have should be fine but not sure if they changed something after the 07 models but another alternative is Zerex G05 since the Mopar one is rather expensive IMO.

If you do go with the Zerex G05, make sure you also get 2 gallons of distilled water since it should be a mix of 50/50 if you plan on using the Zerex antifreeze. 2 gallons Zerex and 2 gallons distilled water should be enough.
Thanks alot for the response, HPNO300.

I really appreciate it. My job now is in the middle east, where the Zerex G05 is not availabe either:sgrin:. The green stuff is mopar and the man working at the part's section said they sold the mopar green antifreeze to use in place of the red one, but i could not believe him. i decided to ask people here, for they got more Experience.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
Thanks alot for the response, HPNO300.

I really appreciate it. My job now is in the middle east, where the Zerex G05 is not availabe either:sgrin:. The green stuff is mopar and the man working at the part's section said they sold the mopar green antifreeze to use in place of the red one, but i could not believe him. i decided to ask people here, for they got more Experience.

Thanks again.
Strange that they changed the Mopar antifreeze from the redish/orange to green unless it's just a middle east thing? lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strange that they changed the Mopar antifreeze from the redish/orange to green unless it's just a middle east thing? lol
Thanks again.

No they didnot change but the dealer does not have the red one, they said they sell the green stuff instead and they said it is ok to use after the flushing.:banana:

Any way, i am going to install the t_stat now and wait for the red antifreeze.

HPNO300, BTW, i will set the fans to 185 low and 195 high, do u think this is a good setting specially weather can get here above 110F?

Thanks alot man for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
Thanks again.

No they didnot change but the dealer does not have the red one, they said they sell the green stuff instead and they said it is ok to use after the flushing.:banana:

Any way, i am going to install the t_stat now and wait for the red antifreeze.

HPNO300, BTW, i will set the fans to 185 low and 195 high, do u think this is a good setting specially weather can get here above 110F?

Thanks alot man for the help.
No problem man and I have a custom cmr tune on mine so all the fan settings were already preset for me but I know that some members down here in TX usually have their fan settings like this: LS = 187/ MS=192/ HS 197 (or 192, your choice)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem man and I have a custom cmr tune on mine so all the fan settings were already preset for me but I know that some members down here in TX usually have their fan settings like this: LS = 187/ MS=192/ HS 197 (or 192, your choice)
ok, i will go with that and see what i will come up with.

Thanks for the effort and for your time man.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not sure what hypno said because he usually says alot...
go find your zerex g-05 (orange) and if you want red put food color in it like i did lol

Quiknen, hahaha... i will see if i find the G-50, otherwise food color will be cheaper and at hand.

Thanks man.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Do you know if anyone have use the zerex g-05 50/50 mix.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Can you use 2 gallons of this instead of using the full strength one which you have to mix with distilled water.
This is not a simple yes or no answer. Please read the detailed response to your other post.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts