Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Borla or Magnaflow.

For voting please take in to consideration Price,Preformance & weight....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well guys waiting for your replies.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a custom cat back exhaust done by local shop . I couldn't wait for the muffler companies to get their act together and produce a system. I went with IMCO performance mufflers (out of Texas) and stainless resonaters that came off of a supercharged grand prix for tone (cost $700 Canadian for everything installed). They sound great, and the difference in performance is more than a little noticeable! Whichever system you choose will let the engine breathe, and don't forget to do the intake as well. A motor has to inhale as well as exhale to get performance! The Airraid box is working well for me, and was an easy install. You also will not beleive the size of the stock resonators when they come off your car, they are about the size of five gallon gas cans, and weigh about 20 lbs each! There are more than two choices to go with out there so hurry up and do somethig! Your HEMI is suffocating! :eek:

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I voted Borla because that is what I decided to do for my car. But I really think it matters as to what sound you are trying to achieve. Most of us don't have enough experience with multiple exhaust systems to really give pro's or con's of each system. I made my decision based on the sound clips available and recommendations from a few other folks. I honestly don't think you would do wrong going either way.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I waited for Borla because I don't like really like exhausts. I want performance, but not noise. The 300 is a luxury car to me, not a Viper rattling my ass. Plus the additional bonus of being under warranty from Mopar is great.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Mopar performance parts carry NO WARRANTY :eek: , I saw that disclaimer on thier website a few months ago. If it's Borla, mayby they honor thier owm million mile warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Yep, and even their performance engine warranty sucks!

"NO PARTS WARRANTY
Mopar Performance parts are sold "as is" unless otherwise noted. This means that parts sold by Mopar Performance carry no warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, such as warranties of merchantability, are excluded. (An implied warranty of merchantability means that the part is reasonably fit for the general purpose for which is was sold). The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep® vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition. The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle's warranty. However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle's warranty, and any failure that they may cause is also not covered by the vehicle's warranty.

MOPAR PERFORMANCE CRATE ENGINE 90-DAY LIMITED WARRANTY
Mopar Performance Crate Engine Assemblies not used in competition are warranted for "parts only", AS DELIVERED against defects in materials or workmanship for 90 days from the date of purchase. The following parts, if defective, will be replaced on an exchange basis for 90 days: cylinder blocks and all internal parts; cylinder head assemblies; intake manifold; core plugs, valve covers; oil pan; timing gear; water pump; gaskets and seals. See your dealer for a copy of the warranty."

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well guys I already have the Airaid filter which made the sound of my car more aggressive and I have ordered the MagnaFlow cat-back exhaust system today from Jhon @ hottexhaust.com and the price was really good which encouraged me to get it but the thing that let go for it that it has the sound of the american mean machine.

I also have the wood dashkit on order which is shipped and am waiting for delivery in the next couple of days + dash cover which will have the same delivery date as the wood dash kit.

I have ordered the pillers & the T-rex billet grill and I am expecting them in around one week or so...

Thanx guys for the info. 'bout the exhaust systems......:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.