1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Out of the three you posted..#3 looks the best.
"Just My Personal Opinion..."

·
Banned
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah 3 is the one i got my eyes set on. Anybody know how much a deal charges to install these ?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Vote for #3

All look Good, but I think the last one that you picked is the best out of the three for your BB 300Touring! Just my .02. :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
grilles

I have not even orderd my 300 and I have been eyeing these grilles for a while - For me its the first one and I hope we all can still be friends (seeing as how everyone wants number 3!)

Cheers,

jay

·
Registered
315 Posts
The third one looks the best, surprised at the price difference.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
NDENT

Whichever you buy, after installation be sure to feedback your satisfaction level to us.

·
Registered
40 Posts
# 3. J have the same problem. I´m going to buy that one, but I hope it has the same quality as the E&G grilles.
John
Sweden.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Would have to "see" the last grill better.
Is it fully "cast"/one piece?
Etc, etc.
Others (esp. #2) look higher quality.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I say #1. It looks more substantial. #2 is stupid since the car is not a bentley, and #3 looks like a piece of tin foil stretched over the grille opening. It looks like one of the grilles that everyone is getting on a Altima. I think you can pick one up on ebay for $29.95!!!

With the outline on #1 being the same size all around, it gives the car a meaner and more luxurious look.

Just my

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I personally like the looks of this Dyno-Max grill (1st photo) that I saw on eBay awhile ago. Be careful when checking eBay though, as many offered at a low price are actually grill overlays and not actual inserts. In other words, they affix over your stock 'egg crate' grill and your stock grill still remains somewhat visable...looks screwy (2nd photo).

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wouldn't get any of them. The quality is questionable on all of them. My dealer stated that Mopar has a outstanding grille he saw at the NADA show for under $425 - Bling - Bling!

·
Banned
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im gonna order the 3rd one once i get the funds.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
I personally like the looks of this Dyno-Max grill (1st photo) that I saw on eBay awhile ago. Be careful when checking eBay though, as many offered at a low price are actually grill overlays and not actual inserts. In other words, they affix over your stock 'egg crate' grill and your stock grill still remains somewhat visable...looks screwy (2nd photo).
The first photo is Grill Craft. That is their steel and chrome plate version. They are working on an all stainless steel version. The stainless version should have a thin frame around it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
OK...my answer is going to be unpopular, based upon what everyone else has said. But hear me out before you flame me too badly.

Without question or reservation, I like #2, hands down.

Indeed, I find the argument against #2 because 'it looks like a Bentley' to be curious at best. Primarily because I have never seen any Bentley, regardless of model or vintage, with a grille even similar to this design. And I have seen a lot of Bentleys. It is similar to a couple of vintage Brits I can think of....but no Bentley in sight.

Number 1 is an E&G grille and, although it looks pretty good and I am sure it is nice enough, I have two problems with the E&G grills. First, they are becoming common and nearly generic. One of the reasons someone would want to do a mod such as this is in order to personalize their car. Adding the same grill that everybody and their brother is bolting on says 'hey look at me....I'm just as dull and boring as everyone else and I have absolutely nothing special about me.' Kind of like Chyslers' dim-witted decision to sell those anemic $23k versions of the 300 in the first place....with it, you can say 'Me too!'. But that is about all you'll say.

Second, E&G has got to get away from that cheap looking wing and medallion logo on their grills. They want to put a Chrysler and Wing logo on it...but can't because of fear of copyright infringement lawsuits. Going this route just cheapens the look. If you can't do something right....don't do it at all. Just leave the space blank and let us put true Wing and Medallions (purchased from Chrysler) on if we want them. Myself, I like the OEM Wing and Logo and would want to have the real deal instead of someone's cheap wannabe imitation.

Number 3 seems interesting enough.....but the picture is not detailed enough to tell exactly what it does look like. Perhaps, with a better pic I might change my mind on all of this. But, based solely upon the pictures given, #2 seems to have a much greater build quality. Better build even than #1. And....it is indeed a unique design. I have not seen another aftermarket design like it.

In fact, you've got me considering one for myself. I was seriously thinking about a mesh grille because none of the billet grills I'd seen have spoken to me. But, now I'm rethinking things.

....sT

1 - 20 of 26 Posts