Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day my fellow SRT8'ers. I have a question,I was considering changing my exhaust and was wondering which is the best and most economical.I was looking at magna flow but what other ones are there? Also I wanted to install a CAI on my car, which of the many brands out there would you recommend and what about cut outs? Also, I see all the different chips you can put on it which would you recommend? and with the chips and all the other modifications done, will it affect my fuel economy and is the car still good for long road trips? I appreciate all replys and thank you in advance. PEACE pictures comming soon:biggrin:

·
Registered
138 Posts
for your economy buy the predator or just a jet chip .
and for your exhaust go it for the magnaflow.i like this sound :)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Exhaust: Corsa
CAI: Hennessey RAM AIR CAI or aFe stage 2
Chip: Get a Diablo Predator programmer instead.

in order of what will give you bang for the buck:

Diablo
CAI
Exhaust

·
Registered
41 Posts
Get the Diablo Predator programmer first as it will give you the biggest bang for your buck. Made great improvement on my car.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I agree with Mango, the Predator is a great 1st step.

Next CAI- We like the new C&L kit

Exhaust- I have heard both the Corsa and Magnaflow, both are great products and you wouldnt go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Here's my .02...
Exhaust
Corsa: Barely louder than stock-most expensive-good for about 10-12 hp
Magnaflow: Deep low growl, much loder than stock-1/2price of corsa-good for 10-12 hp
CAI:
Mopar CAI: $300-Fits perfect-must be tuned with a predator to realize gains
AFE II: POOR design, damages hood paint, rubs and rattles-Supposedly offers gains without tuning.
AirHammer: Heard complaints about fit-ps pump is in the way-Supposedly offers gains without tuning
Airaid: Fits perfect-must be tuned with a predator to realize gains
K&N: Fits perfect-tube should be bolted to heatshield-must be tuned to realize gains
I wonder if the intakes that must be tuned to realize the gains actually offer better performance since the car programming changes realizing something is different...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I agree with the above. I love my Predator. I love my Corsa. Both are TOP notch. CAI choices would be Airaid or Airhammer (in that order)

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Excellent tips everyone! :)

One thing I suggest is to listen to all sorts of exhaust sound clips online. I say this because exhaust is a somewhat subjective thing.

-Aaron

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had an order in for an AFE ll CAI but cancelled it after hearing about the "fit " problems. How much HP can I pick up with the Airaid?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I had an order in for an AFE ll CAI but cancelled it after hearing about the "fit " problems. How much HP can I pick up with the Airaid?
I have a AIRAID catalog with me. It claims an increase of 12HP/5175RPM. It didn't say whether or not this is with a aftermarket programmer or not.

·
Registered
62 Posts
-Thanks -----I believe I will go with the Airaid.. Have you heard of any problems with warranty if you install a CAI. I still have not read of a difinitive answer to this question!

·
Registered
903 Posts
-Thanks -----I believe I will go with the Airaid.. Have you heard of any problems with warranty if you install a CAI. I still have not read of a difinitive answer to this question!
I've had all the intakes I listed installed on my car except the AirHammer, which is the next one I'm trying. Out of the ones I've listed the Airaid fit the best by far and the tube looks nice and fat. There is a member on here (dtpracing) that swears on his own dyno the airaid makes the most hp. If I don't like the AirHammer I think I'm going to go back to the airaid.

The warranty factor is so debated. I would just suggest keeping your stock air intake and changing it if you go in for warranty work. After you get the hang of it, it should only take you 10 minutes to swap intakes. It does for me and all I need is a 10mm wrench and a flat head screw driver (sometimes an allan key depending on the cai).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2005 300 Touring and will be installing the K&N CAI myself. Is there any tuning required or just plug and play?

If tuning required....what would it consist of?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

·
Registered
246 Posts
well lets just say its a tight fit but it actually fits. i installed it in about 30 minutes without any problems (just don't be stupid like me and cut the hose because you think it's too long). :biggrin:
of course its a tight fit because its the biggest tube i've ever seen on a CAI. :scared:

ps.. regarding the exhaust.. go magnaflow!! my hemi sounds badazz with the magnaflows & the cai

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a 2005 300 Touring and will be installing the K&N CAI myself. Is there any tuning required or just plug and play?

If tuning required....what would it consist of?

Thanks in advance,
Rob
well it's just plug and play but it wont give you any performance gains or whatsoever

·
Registered
115 Posts
YEah, I'm with TopFuel... The Airhammer's fit isn't great, and you can decide whether it looks good or not. However, as far as SOTP hp... I can't tell the difference. Either way you'll be pleased. Tell us what you ended up with, and your thoughts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts