Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm wondering if I should be looking at the current drive cycle or the emissions readiness since DTC I need a pass emissions and I don't know which screen to look at. Please help
Screenshot_20210117-144201_Torque.jpg
Screenshot_20210117-143341_Torque.jpg

·
Registered
138 Posts
I took my car for smog check and failed because of obd2 sensor came back with ‘emission not ready’ status. I have 2005 Chrysler 300C AWD and recently disconnected battery before I went for inspection. Doing these or clearing OBD2 codes resets the OBD2 sensors. You have to drive the car a certain way to trigger these OBD2 sensors to get them in ready status. Your everyday driving usually triggers them but for me I could not wait that long. Check out antiochstarsmogcheck.com for chrysler drive cycle for OBD2 readiness.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The first screen is the way it should look. Anytime you clear codes or do almost anything to the PCM, it'll reset them all and you'll have to start all over. Most will show "complete" or "ready" in relatively short order. The one that always takes the longest is the Evapaorative System, and it'll sometimes take a fairly long drive (50+ miles or so) to get it set. The good news MAY BE that your state will allow you one to show "not complete/ready" and you'll still pass. Check your state/local smog nazi laws before you take it to have the emissions test done. If they're not set, you're just wasting your time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts