Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right its time for me to sh*t or get off the pot ! As the pound is strong its tim to get supercharger . I have 3 that I like .... Edelbcock , Magnson & Whipple is my favourite . As I am the other side of the pond I want one that has no bits missing, and is not to hard to fit . Also over there we have no top end Tuners so would like one that comes with a good tune . The last thing is where to buy the thing ? All & any input welcome , Thanks PAT

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
Well i'm wen't with the magnasun,it comes with a Diablo sport T-1000 with a base tune all ready on it.. Then i'm gettin Johan to tweek it after some data logs, it comes compleat as far as i can see.. if you keep it to 6 psi you wont have to upgrade your fuel pump, The car is in the shop right now .. i'm hoping to have it back by friday/ monday.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Well i'm wen't with the magnasun,it comes with a Diablo sport T-1000 with a base tune all ready on it.. Then i'm gettin Johan to tweek it after some data logs, it comes compleat as far as i can see.. if you keep it to 6 psi you wont have to upgrade your fuel pump, The car is in the shop right now .. i'm hoping to have it back by friday/ monday.
Hey Shane... I'd upgrade that pump anyway! Cheap insurance for your pistons, AEM 50-1000 drops in the stock basket and works like a stock pump so it will crossover... I think you are putting the stock pump at its limits IMHO... cheap insurance...does the kit come with a BAP?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like they all come with a Diablo of some sort and a base tune . So please tell why you went with the Magnuson over the others ? PAT

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
Hey Shane... I'd upgrade that pump anyway! Cheap insurance for your pistons, AEM 50-1000 drops in the stock basket and works like a stock pump so it will crossover... I think you are putting the stock pump at its limits IMHO... cheap insurance...does the kit come with a BAP?

I was refering to Pat's.. i have a cam and heads.. so ya i ordered an API from Arrington.. supposed to be good to 700 or a little more.

It looks like they all come with a Diablo of some sort and a base tune . So please tell why you went with the Magnuson over the others ? PAT
Looks.. the whipple was not out yet and i'm not a fan of the edelbrock(purely cosmetic) and the centri's not a fan of either.. now if you wan't pure power get a Kenny Bell or a procharger.. both will smoke my magnasun.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

What supercharger are you fitting ? and why ? PAT

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
I wonder if IHI (the maker of the supercharger coming with the new Hellcat engine) has one for our HEMI???

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was refering to Pat's.. i have a cam and heads.. so ya i ordered an API from Arrington.. supposed to be good to 700 or a little more.

Looks.. the whipple was not out yet and i'm not a fan of the edelbrock(purely cosmetic) and the centri's not a fan of either.. now if you wan't pure power get a Kenny Bell or a procharger.. both will smoke my magnasun.
Did not look at the Kenny Bell ! Not cheap but is it as good as they say it is ? PAT

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anybody know if the Kenny Bell is an easy fit ? Has anybody done one ? Want some in-put before I send it haft way round the world . PAT

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just had a look at the Magnuson and they use the stock injectors & fuel pump ! How much power can it make with this set up ? PAT

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Does anybody know if the Kenny Bell is an easy fit ? Has anybody done one ? Want some in-put before I send it haft way round the world . PAT
I watched a Kenny B go on a Charger at AMP, was a smooth install... car was a beast. They are an amazing unit and capable of so so much as Sodak said... but...alas... out of my budget!

I'm using a Paxton Novi 1200 with an air to air intercooler setup and a small 50 shot of spray...plenty for me with my cam/heads and bolt ons!

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
55 squid for a blower... holy crap you bolt a spoiler on the boot of a Vectra and they increase your premiums more! Great deal!

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
yup....that will mean fully comp protected no claims with business use & all mods declared + the blower = £375 ..... not to be sneezed at!

the compulsory excess is a bit steep at £800 though, if everything goes bad, (*spits & chucks salt over his shoulder*)

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yup....that will mean fully comp protected no claims with business use & all mods declared + the blower = £375 ..... not to be sneezed at!

the compulsory excess is a bit steep at £800 though, if everything goes bad, (*spits & chucks salt over his shoulder*)
Don't want to talk to soon Bill ........... BUT I think I found a Kenny Bell Supercharger in the UK !!!!!!!!! NOW will you ring me on 07811 367233 I want to send you photo's of speedo I have for you . PAT

1 - 20 of 25 Posts