Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recent got the Predator. In Washington our premium is 92 octane which is smack dab in the middle of the 91 and 93 octane tunes. I do have CAI and exhaust. Isnt octane a mean number anyways so plus one should be ok right? I currently am using the 93 CAI tune...gimme your thoughts.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Suggest you use the 91 CAI or pull a bit of timing from the 93 CAI and try it to see which one you like!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Use 91. The SRT8s have a tendancy to knock, so using a higher octane tune, which incrases spark, is looking for trouble.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I finally read the diablo website forums and all I have to do is decrease the timing by one degree from the 93 tune which makes it suitable for 92 octane....Stupid Hippie land and their 92 octane!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Suggest you use the 91 CAI or pull a bit of timing from the 93 CAI and try it to see which one you like!
Snake I see you have the 9500 is it the 9500i with the gps filtering?

·
Registered
197 Posts
USNIS0922 how do you like the tuner overall??? I have the same car in WA also LOL have been thinking about getting one of these but never did!

Does it really help?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya it does. Update: I am using the 91 CAI tune now as I had a couple rough starts with the 92. Biggest change is the shifting/ Before it just shifted now when you shift you feel the force of it accelerating its pretty sweet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts