Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Which tuner to go with

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  magnuman 
#1 ·
I’m currently debating on going with either hemi fever tuning $200 or Johan $300-500
I’m just trying to figure out I guess what’s the best route to go I currently have a 06 300c 5.7
With a leg maker Cai magnaflow catback Diablo 91 tune 180 thermostat transformer shift kit and have a set of long tubes with a off road mid pipe coming in the Mail and need to get a tune just wanting some info and who to go through

#2 ·
Personally, I went with Greene. But that's where I got my cam, so made sense to run his tuning.
If it were me, I would sell the diablo and go with hp.
(I know none of this answers your question, but just a observation)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum. IMO, it would be a waste to spend over $600 on an HPT (plus buy a laptop if you don't have one) and then pay someone to do the tune for you. There are not too many folks around that have a real good grasp on the "in's and out's" of properly using the HPT. This is probably mostly because of the steep learning curve and/or lack of knowledge of tuning principles and how to apply them with the HPT. I've had mine for over 3 years now and have figured out almost everything I need to effectively tune the engines and transmissions on all 3 of my Hemi's. It took a lot of graphing, trial and error and experimenting to get them all where I wanted them. Doing this was really just scratching the surface of what the HPT is capable of though. For me though, I've gotten my $$$$'s worth.

Reactions: manoowar2
#6 ·
Far as I know, almost everyone that does hemi tuning.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum. IMO, it would be a waste to spend over $600 on an HPT (plus buy a laptop if you don't have one) and then pay someone to do the tune for you. There are not too many folks around that have a real good grasp on the "in's and out's" of properly using the HPT. This is probably mostly because of the steep learning curve and/or lack of knowledge of tuning principles and how to apply them with the HPT. I've had mine for over 3 years now and have figured out almost everything I need to effectively tune the engines and transmissions on all 3 of my Hemi's. It took a lot of graphing, trial and error and experimenting to get them all where I wanted them. Doing this was really just scratching the surface of what the HPT is capable of though. For me though, I've gotten my $$$$'s worth.
so are u saying I should go with hp then or just stick with the Diablo coustom tune for the budget I dont really wanna spend to much more having to unlock the Diablo sell it get a hp tuner and all that

#8 ·
IMO, the Diablosport "canned" tunes are not that bad, and you can make slight modifications to them yourself as you see fit. If you have friend that has an HPT and knows how to use it on YOUR vehicle, that would be the least expensive. It'll cost you about $100, plus having him (or you) do the tune. When I did the engine tunes on all of mine (they all now have essentially the same tune), I started with the Diablosport 93 tune and built on it from there. I mostly tweaked the fuel trims, timing maps and, on the two 5.7's modified the MDS settings a bit. You can already do fuel trims and timing maps to some extent with the Diablosport. In either case you'll need to do some data logging, before, during and after modifiying any of these. For the transmissions, it was a lot of experimenting and trial and error. I also did some graphing so I could better visualize what was happening and what I wanted to end up happening.....up/down shift schedules and torque management settings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.