Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 SRT (actually built December 2015). There was some talk in a 300 FB group about dodgy MDS lifters with stories from people having to get their whole engines replaced at 60,000km. My odo is kinda nearing that figure so I started freaking out. I mean I service my SRT right on time with the correct spec oil and all that, never thrashed or tracked my car (so far). But if things have a possibility of going wrong it will go wrong with me.

BUT
Googling seems to suggest that the dodgy lifters were no longer present in models made after February 2015.
Can anyone confirm this? Or should I take preventative action somehow?

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 2011 300C (5.7L V8) never had a problem. It had 81,000K on it when I sold it.

Am I gonna have to move down under to get a new SRT?

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
if you don't change your oil yourself make sure the filter is filled with oil before installed - prevents dry start,
the cam and lifters are close to the end of the oil supply

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can’t confirm if they addressed it in 2015/2016, but I can attest to the dodgy MDS lifters in prior years in the 6.4 liter motors. Have a 2012 300 srt8, and the lifters ate the cam at 160K miles. In all fairness, it had 160K miles, and had been heavily tracked at Road Atlanta, Roebling, Daytona and Sebring over those miles.

They do warn you, though. My engine always “ticked”, but right before I started noticing a performance impact form the valves not working properly as a result of the lifters, the ticking grew noticeably louder and I could tell something was off.

On the plus side, it gave me an excuse to upgrade the motor with a new 6.4 crate motor with performance heads and cam, adding another 60 or so horsepower, which should turn into 100 once I replace the headers and exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts