Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got a Whistler Pro-3450 from a family member who had it removed from their vehicle before selling it, then decided not to put it in their new vehicle. Is it worth it to install this? My concerns are: 1. this is old technology 2. my understanding is that the laser detection isn't worth it because it's usually too late by detection time (jammers are better) 3. I will have to either make or ask whistler for all of the brackets needed for install (non were kept/taken out during de-install). I would like to have detection in the car for long highway trips. I would also like an installed system so I don't have to remove the detector to deter theft. I'm also willing to wait and put something in like the 9500ci. Thoughts? Opinions? What would you do?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Dave, save your time and wait till you can afford better.

No offense, but the Whistler is junk. And you are right. Most detectors will simply tell you when to get out your papers!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
So, I got a Whistler Pro-3450 from a family member who had it removed from their vehicle before selling it, then decided not to put it in their new vehicle. Is it worth it to install this? My concerns are: 1. this is old technology 2. my understanding is that the laser detection isn't worth it because it's usually too late by detection time (jammers are better) 3. I will have to either make or ask whistler for all of the brackets needed for install (non were kept/taken out during de-install). I would like to have detection in the car for long highway trips. I would also like an installed system so I don't have to remove the detector to deter theft. I'm also willing to wait and put something in like the 9500ci. Thoughts? Opinions? What would you do?

Thanks,
Dave
here is a link to radar busters info might help.
Radar Detector Reviews & Information

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the honesty and the link. I'm not going to be putting this thing in my car. I'll wait and put in a 9500.

·
Registered
94 Posts
<---- LOLz at people with garbage (whistler) detectors in their not-inexpensive luxury and sports cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts