Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 22's asantis with 295 30 in the back. I noticed after a few slight shallow bumps that the rear right side rubbed. It probably happened 3 times in a week and I noticed today that that rear side right tire has been scarred and scraped on its wall all around. The tire has slash marks and Im starting to worry that it will cause it to pop. Should I roll out that one fender? They quoted me at 75 bucks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Are you lowered? If you are going to roll on then roll both rears. I have 285/35/22 rear and I only hit with a load in teh back or 2 people

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike5959 said:
Are you lowered? If you are going to roll on then roll both rears. I have 285/35/22 rear and I only hit with a load in teh back or 2 people
I'm not lowered. I only get rubbed when I go over medium bumps doing 45-60mph.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i have 22's, the eibach spring kit and never had any rubbing problems until now... After i buy my grille and install it I am going to drop it a little bit more by cutting 1/4 coil from the back and roll my fenders.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Yes, you need to roll the fenders, $75 seems fair to me. Or you can take a baseball bat/dowel/something round and proper diameter, etc. insert betwen the fender and tire and "roll" the car with leverage on the baseball bat, etc. to crimp the inner fender. Had to do it on mine, now there are no rubbing issues. The price you pay to go 295's

The_Phantom said:
I got 22's asantis with 295 30 in the back. I noticed after a few slight shallow bumps that the rear right side rubbed. It probably happened 3 times in a week and I noticed today that that rear side right tire has been scarred and scraped on its wall all around. The tire has slash marks and Im starting to worry that it will cause it to pop. Should I roll out that one fender? They quoted me at 75 bucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
aspendog said:
Yes, you need to roll the fenders, $75 seems fair to me. Or you can take a baseball bat/dowel/something round and proper diameter, etc. insert betwen the fender and tire and "roll" the car with leverage on the baseball bat, etc. to crimp the inner fender. Had to do it on mine, now there are no rubbing issues. The price you pay to go 295's

Well, I just ordered my 22s and the sales guy told me there would be no problems with rubbing if I went 295's in the rear. Is he wrong?? Also, I asked if I could go 11s in the rear and he said that it would be best to stick to something under that. HELP! I don't want to have any problems as soon as I put my rims on. Im also going to lower it with the Eibach Pro kit. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
He's wrong unless they do a different offset than they did on mine...

CrownMotoring said:
Well, I just ordered my 22s and the sales guy told me there would be no problems with rubbing if I went 295's in the rear. Is he wrong?? Also, I asked if I could go 11s in the rear and he said that it would be best to stick to something under that. HELP! I don't want to have any problems as soon as I put my rims on. Im also going to lower it with the Eibach Pro kit. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts