Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 300c the other day from out of state and taking delivery next week....( Over here in Los Angeles CA) Now I have a 300c in order from another dealership that is not marking it up for me specifically and after a long long wait (since July 27) the dealer called me and said it should be coming in by the first week of NOV. The dealer is not too far from Los Angeles CA..... Now if there is anyone interested in a Black Fully Loaded 300c with everything....moonroof, etc....let me know. I am selling my spot and reservation for anyone interested.... A great alternative to those who are waiting several months until delivery and avoiding the 5k to 8k markup that we are getting over here in So cal......

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Are you sure the dealer will let someone else buy the car? If you're not taking delivery, they don't have to honor the deal.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
jtrejo,
you are being greedy. give it away, if that is even possible.
are you sure the dealer will agree to change the name on the order at your request?

you should not be encouraged and rewarded for your ordering behavior.
you are one of the reasons Vanilla and others are having to wait longer for their cars.
true, Chrysler's allocation system is a joke and encourages your behavior, but you got what you wanted, your car. so quit being an opportunist and try to give your extra slot to someone for free.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
300c

Joey,
I am sorry you feel that way.... but hey thanks for the opinion, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Your just not the type of person that I am looking for that is interested in getting a deal here. There are people out there that do not care to pay 49,000 for this car. Beleieve me someone actually paid that. Now people are waiting anywhere from 3-6 months to get their orders. I was one of those people, I just happened to find another avenue and oppurtunity that would work out best for me. You would too if the oppurtunity came. But hey i guarantee someone would want to save
1. Most of all time
2. Money
Thanks for your post though.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
jtrejo said:
Joey,
I am sorry you feel that way.... but hey thanks for the opinion, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Your just not the type of person that I am looking for that is interested in getting a deal here. There are people out there that do not care to pay 49,000 for this car. Beleieve me someone actually paid that. Now people are waiting anywhere from 3-6 months to get their orders. I was one of those people, I just happened to find another avenue and oppurtunity that would work out best for me. You would too if the oppurtunity came. But hey i guarantee someone would want to save
1. Most of all time
2. Money
Thanks for your post though.
Spoken like a true salesperson.

So in other words, it is better for a sucker to pay you a profit markup instead of the dealer?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I resent the salesperson comment... ;)

That said...if he doesn't take the car, it's not his option to offer his "spot" for sale. If someone was stupid enough to pay money for air...hey, I've got some oceanfront property in Iowa for sale...
The car is not his to sell, if he doens't take it the dealer will sell it to the first person that can/will legitimately buy it. He doesn't have anything tangeible for sale...

·
Registered
25 Posts
LOTHP said:
If he takes delivery, and the purchaser hands over the check, sounds like he can sell his spot pretty easily. The dealer doesn't have anything to do with it.

The value of a thing is what that thing will bring. Quit whining.
Then he's selling a CAR, not a SPOT.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
jtrejo,

This is a forum for the enjoyment and discussion of the 300C by car enthusiasts. Period.

It is NOT a platform for commercial, unethical exploitation by people like you. First, ordering from more than one dealer with no intention to take delivery is wrong, and punishes honest dealers and customers. Secondly, attempting to sell your order to a third party is, IMO, just plain greed.

Regardless of my opinion of your ethics, I think most members would agree that this type of trading is an inappropriate use of this forum.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for the uproar....

Hey guys Im sorry for getting all of your panties in an uproar... Honestly, I didnt think that I was going to get flamed on like I did. Listen, All I was trying to do was pass on a good deal to someone. If you think its a rip off you dont live in Los Angeles where the demand for this car is ridiculous. I mean getting the car that you want in a couple weeks without waiting for months and not to mention maybe spending an extra few grand would be worth it to someone, probably not you ( "Flamers").
Also, just to add something I did not have multiple orders. I had one order and happened to get a good deal across the country. I was tired of getting stroked by the dealer. Anyone would have done the same darn thing if they got a deal like me. Thanks for you opinions and posts once again....I mean why buy 4000 dollar rims when they really only cost 500 to make? Why do people buy tickets for sporting events and then resell them to the public and people buy them? Reason why smart guys is becuase someone will buy them, because you really cant put a price tag on something that someone wants really bad....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.