Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum, so just tell you guys a little about me. My name is Mike Carey and i work for Ewald's Mayfair Chrysler Jeep in Milwaukee, WI. The new 300C is bad [email protected] If anybody knows anybody in the market for one of these beautiful cars, just let me know. My number here is 414-258-5000. or if any of you guys have any questions about the car, just let me know. Im sure most of you guys know more about the car than me, so maybe you guys can even help me out!

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Hi mcarey, what are the timeframes on new orders placed today? I read that the Midnight Blue had a lot of orders and would be hard to get in a reasonalble time.

What are the options on this car you have in stock - VIN - 2C3JA63HX5H110048

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my sales managers is quoted 4-6 weeks. and that is an order out car, so it's to your spec's, color and all. my guess is that it will take a little longer than 4-6 weeks. the one we have in stock is midnight blue, it's got the california walnut trim, sound group II and sirius radio. it lists out at about 34,4000. we also have a "protection group" on it. that is rustproofing and interior protection. it also has a hand painted stripe on the sides.......it looks really nice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for some reason i can't find a car here with that VIN. we only have one 300C at my location, Ewald's Mayfair Chrysler Jeep. oh, that blue one also has the power adjustable memory pedals and seats

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
mcarey said:
... we also have a "protection group" on it. that is rustproofing and interior protection. it also has a hand painted stripe on the sides.......it looks really nice.
mcarey, you may start to get a less than warm welcome on this board since you are a Car Salesman and especially since your dealerships loads a bunch of unnecessary stuff on a a car like "protection group" and pin-stripes! Why would a Leather interier in a 300C need protection? I have not heard of a dealership trying to push/sell rustproofing, undercoating and fabric care since the 80's. I thought that practice was long dead! How long have you been selling cars? There have been no "Hand Painted" pin-stripes on cars for years! No dealer would put permanent painted stripes on a cars paint than has not been sold. Those strips are just peel and stick decals.

Does your dealership also sell "Etch"? Over-charging customers $300 to engrave the VIN in various places as some sort of theft deterrant?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the protection group is actually nice for wisconsin. yea, the interior doesn't really need it, but some people like that. would you rather get value from paying more for a car, or just pay 1500 to 3000 over sticker for nothing? we aren't selling the cars for over sticker. and yes, the stripes are HAND PAINTED. the guy comes and paints them right on the showroom floor. the stripes on the car looks real nice. and it's well worth the hundred to $200.

·
Registered
84 Posts
E55 KEV said:
mcarey, you may start to get a less than warm welcome on this board since you are a Car Salesman and especially since your dealerships loads a bunch of unnecessary stuff on a a car like "protection group" and pin-stripes! Why would a Leather interier in a 300C need protection? I have not heard of a dealership trying to push/sell rustproofing, undercoating and fabric care since the 80's. I thought that practice was long dead! How long have you been selling cars? There have been no "Hand Painted" pin-stripes on cars for years! No dealer would put permanent painted stripes on a cars paint than has not been sold. Those strips are just peel and stick decals.

Does your dealership also sell "Etch"? Over-charging customers $300 to engrave the VIN in various places as some sort of theft deterrant?
Welcome to the board Mike and I look forward to any info you can provide.

This all depends on Mike. I know of a GM on a other forum and he will bend over backwards to make sure that you get what you want. He ships cars anywhere in the country. Get this, they offer their cars with aftermarket superchargers and they fully back it up with their warranty! A real class act, very helpful and informative.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
mcarey said:
... and yes, the stripes are HAND PAINTED. the guy comes and paints them right on the showroom floor. the stripes on the car looks real nice. and it's well worth the hundred to $200.
mcarey, we would love to see it. Can you post a pic of a car with the hand painted pinstripes. I thought that was a lost art and everyone uses peel and stick tape. That is great!

·
Registered
159 Posts
E55 KEV said:
I thought that was a lost art and everyone uses peel and stick tape. That is great!
Kinda off topic but...

Wow, just had a memory surge... (ya, it did hurt :)) Didn't the 1970's Firbird's have an option to have either a hand painted hood or a sticker of that flaming bird?

·
Registered
17 Posts
E55 KEV said:
Hi mcarey, what are the timeframes on new orders placed today? I read that the Midnight Blue had a lot of orders and would be hard to get in a reasonalble time.

What are the options on this car you have in stock - VIN - 2C3JA63HX5H110048
Current status shows it as "On Hold"

Vehicle Shipment Status and History

Report Date: 05-05-04 11:00 AM CDT
Printable Version Add this VIN to Billfold

Vehicle Status and Information
Vehicle Information
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 2C3JA63HX5H110048
Order Number (VON): PNV12580
Sold Order: No

Vehicle Status
Current Location: Vasc - Brampton Wonderland, ON
Build Code: Plant Release (KZ), 04-13-04
Dealer Delivery ETA: No ETA Available

*ETA is an estimated date for delivery, not a promise or guarantee. Actual delivery may vary.

Vehicle Distribution Information
Assembly Plant: Brampton Assembly, ON (H)
Distribution Center Belvidere Assembly, IL (22)

Vehicle Description
Make: Chrysler
Model: 300c Rwd
Color: Midnight Blue PC

Dealer Information
Dealer Code:
Address: Ewald's Mayfair Chry-jeep Inc
2201 N Mayfair RD
Wauwatosa, WI 53226

Vehicle Movement Information
Route Movements Date Location
Completed Scheduled for Build (D1) 03-12-04 07:36 AM EST Brampton Assembly, ON
Built - Pending Inspection (I) 03-22-04 04:35 PM EST Brampton Assembly, ON
Ship To Storage (JS) 03-28-04 03:46 PM EST Brampton Assembly, ON
At Facility 03-29-04 08:11 AM EST Brampton Assembly, ON
Truck Dispatch 03-30-04 05:43 AM EST Brampton Assembly, ON
Delivery to a Location 03-30-04 09:00 AM EST Vasc - Brampton Wonderland, ON
In Bay At Facility 03-30-04 11:09 AM EST Vasc - Brampton Wonderland, ON
On Hold 03-30-04 11:59 AM EST Brampton Assembly, ON
Carrier Can Put On Hold 03-30-04 12:09 PM CST 2055 D
Carrier Can Put On Hold 03-31-04 12:36 PM CST 2055 Da5
Carrier Can Put On Hold 04-01-04 09:34 PM CST 2055 Ya5
Carrier Can Put On Hold 04-04-04 10:05 PM CDT 2055 Ya0
Carrier Can Put On Hold 04-08-04 05:34 AM CDT 2055 Yc0
Carrier Can Put On Hold 04-09-04 04:36 PM CDT 2055 Yc1
Carrier Can Put On Hold 04-11-04 03:05 AM CDT 2055 Yc0
Carrier Can Put On Hold 04-12-04 07:35 PM CDT 2055 Rz0
Plant Release (KZ) 04-13-04 05:32 AM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
Carrier Can Put On Hold 04-13-04 09:36 AM CDT 2055 Yd2
Carrier Can Put On Hold 04-14-04 07:06 AM CDT 2055 Yd1
Current On Hold 04-24-04 11:59 AM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

the "sid did it" is the guys who paints them. sorry for the quality of the pics, they are from my phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Delzell Brothers Inc. Delzell Brothers Inc. Hello,

I am Philip Delzell. I am son of Part Owner, Ownership is spread throughout our family. We are a small town dealer, located in Morning Sun, Iowa. We, considering we are in Iowa, do not push any deals remotely close to those. We order basic models since Iowa is not in demand for High-Class Luxary Vehicles. I had not even heard of engraving the VIN in parts and we certainly would never charge someone $200 for Pin Striping which I can't see improving the looks of a 300C anymore. While being a small family dealer it does take us longer to get the high class vehicles. We have "dug people out of the whole" after they have gone to larger dealers looking, and buying cars. Since the only way we generate business is basicly word of mouth, we need our customers are happy. As long as it is within our control we will do anything to make you happy with your purchase. I wish if any of you live within the area you should concider us. "Volume" dealers dig themselves into holes keeping all those cars on their lot so it raises the price that much more. We may sacrafice selection but please bear in mind we can locate any vehicle you may want to purchase. I no this will not change your mind in where you purchase your car as most of you want the 5 Star Dealers. I would just like to make sure you do consider the smaller dealers no matter where as they are losing much business to the larger city dealers. Keep the small dealers alive buy from them.

Please Visit: Delzell Brothers Inc.[/ur]

Your Small Town Dealer

I am not quite sure why I created this post I want would reccomend going to the Smaller Dealers. No matter where your location.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When we lived in NY - our 'small town dealer' just happened to be a 5 star dealer LOL - either way... it was family owned and run. We bought 4 vehicles from them, and the only reason we haven't gone back to them this round is that it gets way to confusing to buy a car in NY when you live in MA - we tried it last time. They even delivered my van to me up in MA :)

We much prefer the small town family dealers - they tend to be more earnest.

~MK~
Hoping I maybe get to drive Max's car when it gets here LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
We were once a 5 Star Dealer, but as we got older, building was built by great grampa in '65, Chrysler told us we needed a new building. Partly because the money and other because my great grampa actually helped build it we didn't so we are no longer a 5 Star Dealer. Yes, we have to be earnest or we do not survive.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.