Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you can find it, collector's or show car insurance can be a real bargain. IF YOU CAN FIND IT!
Ive been searching all day and found only 2 that would write any car newer than 19 years old. I have asked every one of the rest I called why in the world they would intentionally limit their business this way,none had a reasonable answer.
American hobbiest has quoted the best so far. $714 yr. for agreed $60k value 1k ded. $804/ $500 ded.
Haggerty wanted almost double that.\
With all the mods we are doing, it is downright dangerous to drive with standard Ins.
If your ride, like mine, is not a daily driver, garage kept you may qualify.
With a good "agreed value" policy your car appreciates rather than depreciates. All your mods are covered in full . Just as important, the other guy's insurance is put on notice that they can't expect to get away paying a depreciated value and telling you to stuff your mods. If they try, your policy must pay and subrogate.

If only more of these companys would abandon their foolish age stipulation, they would come out ahead and so would we, having more compitition.
If any of you know of other companys that will write us for show, please let me know.

these are the companies that won't:
Grundy
JC Taylor
Heacock
Leyland West
American modern home
American Collectors- though sister company American Hobbiests will

·
Registered
70 Posts
insurance is regulated by state agencies so each state has their own guidelines. the show car policies are a good idea but may not be necessary depending on the laws of your state. here in NC you can give stated amounts for added a/v equipment and exterior modifications. each insurance company then has their own guidelines as to how much added coverage they will provide. so check with your agent/company first to see if they will cover your added equipment, it may save you from buying a 2nd policy or if your company won't cover what you have then a show car policy is the way to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts