Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice, NOT ONCE, but TWICE in the last week I have seen a Caddy CTS with a paint job that is very, very, very close to identical to my lovely Magnesium Pearlcoat on my 2006 300C. WTF ! ! ! ! :wtf1:
I just logged on to the cadillac.com website and drilled into the CTS area and what do I find ? . . . . absolutely no color even close to what I perceive I saw in person ? ? ?
The only thing I see that even comes close is their Sunset Blue ? ? ? ? Whaaaaa, my beautiful baby, aka Maggy, takes a blue hue in direct sunlight but then takes on more of a green hue at sunset. Am I nuts or what ? I am not color blind, so can any body help me as to WTF is going on ? :question:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Twice, NOT ONCE, but TWICE in the last week I have seen a Caddy CTS with a paint job that is very, very, very close to identical to my lovely Magnesium Pearlcoat on my 2006 300C. WTF ! ! ! ! :wtf1:
I just logged on to the cadillac.com website and drilled into the CTS area and what do I find ? . . . . absolutely no color even close to what I perceive I saw in person ? ? ?
The only thing I see that even comes close is their Sunset Blue ? ? ? ? Whaaaaa, my beautiful baby, aka Maggy, takes a blue hue in direct sunlight but then takes on more of a green hue at sunset. Am I nuts or what ? I am not color blind, so can any body help me as to WTF is going on ? :question:
HI! cool car, haha. No but seriously, under bright light my car looks teal, under sunset it almost looks like a sea blue green, sometimes it looks completely green, sometimes it looks blue. My girl is actually the one who pointed it out, then one of my friends when I picked him up at night, thought I got a new paint job, that sealed the deal on the fact I wasn't color blind. IMO it's another cool perk to having such an interesting rare car color.:fing02:

Pertaining to the CTS, i have never seen a color even remotely close to our magnesium pearl, maybe they saw you driving around, took a picture, and got a new paint job......

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
My car is Magnesium pearl; I love the color but I gotta tell you I don't see any blue in it at all. To me it's a grey / green; kind of a smokey green sometimes, more green in bright light, and more grey in less light. I don't see a hint of blue, but my dad calls it 'blue' so whatever....

I have seen some GM vehicles a very similar color; there's a Hummer H2 around here that is almost the same color and I've seen some of the new body style Chevy Trucks that color (not exactly but close). I think the Magnesium looks better than GM's version, my only complaint is that it was also used on Dodge Caravan's and Chrysler Town & Countrys!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2005 300C, Don't do it . . . . U own a classic ! CTS ain't one ! :fing02:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
My car is Magnesium pearl; I love the color but I gotta tell you I don't see any blue in it at all. To me it's a grey / green; kind of a smokey green sometimes, more green in bright light, and more grey in less light. I don't see a hint of blue, but my dad calls it 'blue' so whatever....

I have seen some GM vehicles a very similar color; there's a Hummer H2 around here that is almost the same color and I've seen some of the new body style Chevy Trucks that color (not exactly but close). I think the Magnesium looks better than GM's version, my only complaint is that it was also used on Dodge Caravan's and Chrysler Town & Countrys!
I left out grey. I see some grey in there sometimes, but mainly it's blue and green. Maybe it's the difference in the wax's/polishes we both use? I dunno. And I never knew (and wish i still didn't know haha) they used magnesium pearl on the caravan and the town and country?!:scared: :twak: Luckily, I have never seen that! I have however seen the new horrendous looking magnesium scion xb:yuck:

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I left out grey. I see some grey in there sometimes, but mainly it's blue and green. Maybe it's the difference in the wax's/polishes we both use? I dunno. And I never knew (and wish i still didn't know haha) they used magnesium pearl on the caravan and the town and country?!:scared: :twak:
I don't think it's the waxes or polishes, i think it's just the difference in the way different people see things; like I said my dad calls my car "blue" but to me there is no blue in it whatsoever, just green & gray.

I've seen lots of Caravan's in our color, and Pacifica's as well. It looks better on the 300C though!

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
I don't think it's the waxes or polishes, i think it's just the difference in the way different people see things; like I said my dad calls my car "blue" but to me there is no blue in it whatsoever, just green & gray.

I've seen lots of Caravan's in our color, and Pacifica's as well. It looks better on the 300C though!
Everything looks better on a 300!...............Well almost everything

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
the new 08 cts is a sweet car, could be my next car
Drove the car and all i have to say is wow! I drove the 3.6L with the 304 hp. The car is amazing. Cant wait for the cts-v which i belive is above 500 hp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts