Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drop my car off at 7:30 this morning at the Chrysler dealership to have a Chrysler remote starter installed in my 2007 300C. I decided to get a Chrysler remote starter because I've "heard" that 3rd party remote starters could possibly be problematic due to installation by splicing the remote starter into the electrical system as opposed to the Chrysler remote starter having wiring harnesses meant for the car.

The dealership just called me with the "bad news" that they couldn't install the remote start system in my car. The short story is they found a part in the kit and had to email Chrysler. They came to find out that there is a conflict with the Chrysler remote starter and my 300C's electrical system. So I will get my car back with nothing being done. Now I fear getting any starter. If Chrysler can't install one of their own systems into my car, why should i trust anything else?

I can't believe there are no 2007 300C's with remote starters. I guess I know of one 2007 300C that won't have a remote starter in it. I would guess there are my model 300C with factory installed remote starters in them.

I find this kind of weird.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
I know that the Remote Start systems are not compatible with the Mopar EVS aftermarket security systems, but have not heard of any other issues.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
I know that the Remote Start systems are not compatible with the Mopar EVS aftermarket security systems, but have not heard of any other issues.
My 07 Owners manual states that if the vehicle is equipped with the Sentry security system, remote start can not be used.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased mine used a couple of months ago. How do I know what particular security system is in my car? I haven't even heard the alarm go off, but when I lock my car the horn beeps (not am aftermarket chirp).

·
Registered
286 Posts
I purchased mine used a couple of months ago. How do I know what particular security system is in my car? I haven't even heard the alarm go off, but when I lock my car the horn beeps (not am aftermarket chirp).
If you provide your vin number to any body shop (or dealer), they will be able to print out every options you have installed by the factoy.

·
Registered
224 Posts
When I got my 300c, I asked for the remote start and just assumed they had installed it. About a year later, the alarm started to malfunction and the remote start wouldnt work. I took it back to the dealer and they had no record of them installing the remote start. Eventually they found out that they had taken it to a shop down the road, and they had installed the remote start there. I really didnt know what to say when they told me this, I was shocked. So I just had them replace the security system without the remote start. All has been fine since. But I tell ya, these dealers are up to some weird stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Is your Key and Keyfob one unit? I beleive the non Sentry cars would have a regular rubber coated key (thin) like my Ram has, my 300 keys have the remote door and trunk unlock and "Panic" button built right into the key, that's the Sentry system.

And here is a Sentry Key photo for ya:

And here is a web site that has Sentry Key RFID Bypass kits (for the purpose of installing remote start systems).

Transponder RFID Antenna Bypass

I have no experiance with, nor am I endorsing this product!

·
Registered
57 Posts
They installed remote start for me but stated they cannot do the 2-way transmitter because of the alarm system (Same type of excuse they gave you). It seems to work but I still want the additional remote. Anyone know if I can use the 2-way remote system with a factory 2007 300c with all the options?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the alarm system that conflicts with the remote start. What I don't get is how the manufacturer of the car can't design these things to work harmoniously. I find it amazing that Chrysler own remote start won't fit in Chryslers own car with Chryslers own alarm system.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same alarm system and same car as you. I have the OEM Mopar remote start. The manual says neither works but it works. Make them install it. My dealer says the 2-way remote does not work. I find this hard to believe as well. I may try the 2-way remote start to see if it works because they gave me the whole story about the manual says it doesnt work. I stated the manual also says the remote start doesn't work and it works fine. I have been trying to find ANYONE on here with the 2-way remote start and the alarm system to see if they have it working... Anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
My bud's girlfriend just picked up her 08 Mazda 6 and it has a transponder key and Mazda put a factory remote start in her car (plus she has one of those kick ass switchblade keys ta boot) why can't Mopar get with it, dangit I wanna switchblade key :)

Remote Start CAN work with RFID Transpoder systems you just need to momentarily over ride the transponder signal and that's what the device does at the link I posted above.

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
I'm not sure I am following this..

I have a 2005 and as far as I know the 2005 -2007 canbus is exactly the same..

I have the mopar remote start, with the 2 way option and it works fine, I also went and got a 2007 Sebring key that has the remote start button on the keyfob and had it cut and programmed it to my car..

so my keyfob/remote start is all in one, not 2 separate fobs...

course I did it myself, it took 20 minutes and it works perfect.. didn't let the dealer mess with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts