Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have owned my 300, I have traveled most of the 20 or so eastern United States, and all of the Canadian 10 provenances and NEVER have I seen ONE advertisement for the Chrysler 300. When I am down for weather (choppers need optimum weather) I hotel it, and watch a lot of TV. I see ads for Lexis, Jags, Mercedes, Ford Lincolns (yuck) Buicks, etc. etc. but NOT ONE for the Chrysler 300. I drove every one of those cars and the 300 is better. All had copied the suspension of a Jap car...and I love the American ride... the 300 is the last American car. I used to drive Buicks...Park Avenue they killed it....LeSabre...killed... replaced by the Lucerne (I still have mine) and it was killed (still make them in China for the Chinese) and so their Lacrosse and Regal ride like JaP Scrap. Why no advertising for the 300? The only ads I see are for Jeep and and that nut case with the Southern drawl for the Dodge pickup. IF as suggested in another another post, the 300 sales have dropped....ADVERTISE..the car. What is Chrysler ashamed of? Want to sell this car by word of mouth by a bunch of nutcases on this site? Most of them want to de_badge the car.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Want to sell this car by word of mouth by a bunch of nutcases on this site? Most of them want to de_badge the car.
"I resemble those words!":laughing: And no free advertising for Chrysler either.:doh:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Since I have owned my 300, I have traveled most of the 20 or so eastern United States, and all of the Canadian 10 provenances and NEVER have I seen ONE advertisement for the Chrysler 300. When I am down for weather (choppers need optimum weather) I hotel it, and watch a lot of TV. I see ads for Lexis, Jags, Mercedes, Ford Lincolns (yuck) Buicks, etc. etc. but NOT ONE for the Chrysler 300. I drove every one of those cars and the 300 is better. All had copied the suspension of a Jap car...and I love the American ride... the 300 is the last American car. I used to drive Buicks...Park Avenue they killed it....LeSabre...killed... replaced by the Lucerne (I still have mine) and it was killed (still make them in China for the Chinese) and so their Lacrosse and Regal ride like JaP Scrap. Why no advertising for the 300? The only ads I see are for Jeep and and that nut case with the Southern drawl for the Dodge pickup. IF as suggested in another another post, the 300 sales have dropped....ADVERTISE..the car. What is Chrysler ashamed of? Want to sell this car by word of mouth by a bunch of nutcases on this site? Most of them want to de_badge the car.
Nutcase eh? None taken. :wink:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
There are adds for the 300 in MI.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I see ads for the "Chrysler Lineup" every once in a while. Then again, I'm not really a TV guy.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts

I have to agree on the sparse advertisement of the 300. Not only on TV but in magazines and by dealers in local newspapers. But then again, I am just a nutcase, so I guess my opinion doesn't count for much. :frown:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am proud of the car I own. Like you, I have seen the posts of those who choose to debadge their cars. To each his own, but that's what this forum is all about!

Reactions: Ed G

·
Registered
204 Posts
they dont need ad's

MI has the most ridiculous amount of 1st and especially now the 2nd gen on the roads right now. makes me mad how they are litterally giving away the current 300S for pennies. everyone is leasing them now for cheap. i see 50 a day on my commute to work. SERIOUSLY.

·
Registered
732 Posts
You don't see them a bunch in VA...I can tell ya that! Oh and they aren't giving them away around here either!

·
Registered
274 Posts
No ads in Canada so far. At least in QC.

and they complain about sale percentage , well said.

We can add the social media to this, BMW or Benz or Cadillac are the ones that I follow and they post new picture every hour or so. Chrysler's account is such a pity.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Ads for 300 come in waves. There was a strong push for Varvatos (the one that starts with the car inside a big-rig.

They also had the Motown version in heavy circulation a while back.

Now I mostly see the Chrysler lineup every so often.

Hey, at least we don't have Joan Rivers pushing the Dodge brand.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
You don't see them a bunch in VA...I can tell ya that! Oh and they aren't giving them away around here either!
I haven't driven any distance at all before I see 2 or 3... Is that what you mean by "not a bunch"?

Agree on "not giving them away", considering what mine cost me. How much did you (charger2012) see the 300S going for?

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
I hope they continue not to advertise them. I prefer the exclusivity of driving something not many other people have. Stiff crap for Chrysler. ;)

·
Registered
732 Posts
I drive 81 twice a day and it is a rarity to see more than a couple each way in a day!

I haven't driven any distance at all before I see 2 or 3... Is that what you mean by "not a bunch"?

Agree on "not giving them away", considering what mine cost me. How much did you (charger2012) see the 300S going for?

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I drive 81 twice a day and it is a rarity to see more than a couple each way in a day!
Well... IIRC there's not a lot of traffic on 81 (other than truckers), and you can rarely see oncoming traffic because of the large median between N and S. Nevertheless, I've seen a number of 300's on 81 as well. But I was really thinking of my commute around the Washington beltway. There are lots of 300's driving around our nation's capital.

·
Registered
138 Posts
When I got my 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition HEMI in March 2014, they took off $16k from the MSRP of $53830. Was going to get an SRT but when this deal came thru, I couldn't see paying $16k more for an SRT. My wife drives it daily and she absolutely loves it. So yes, they were giving this one away....and I thank them for it.:headbang:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
they dont need ad's

MI has the most ridiculous amount of 1st and especially now the 2nd gen on the roads right now. makes me mad how they are litterally giving away the current 300S for pennies. everyone is leasing them now for cheap. i see 50 a day on my commute to work. SERIOUSLY.
For sure.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I hope they continue not to advertise them. I prefer the exclusivity of driving something not many other people have. Stiff crap for Chrysler. ;)
The problem is if Fiat doesn't sell enough 300's to make a huge profit, the 300 will go away.
And that will make me :mad:

·
Registered
931 Posts
The problem is if Fiat doesn't sell enough 300's to make a huge profit, the 300 will go away.
And that will make me :mad:
Same goes for the Viper. Best bang for the buck car on the market now, but Chrysler refuses to market the thing whatsoever. People will be lining up in droves to buy the new Z06 at an inflated price over the already higher MSRP then a Viper. Dealers are discounting Vipers to invoice just to get rid of brand new 2013's and they still can't sell them because nobody knows the damn car exists.

Reactions: FAKESRT
1 - 20 of 20 Posts