Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While changing my headlight bulbs, I came across the most peculiar thing. I found an electrical plug underneath my airbox. It looks like it will plug into an elctrical socket! WTF!?

·
Registered
110 Posts
that my friend is your block heater. plug that baby in overnight and in morning you will have heat super quick.

·
Registered
49 Posts
that my friend is your block heater. plug that baby in overnight and in morning you will have heat super quick.
Does every 300 have this?

i thought block heaters were mainly for diesels??

·
Banned
651 Posts
WHAT?!? where is this? under the air box?!?! this is a news to me. i want to run outside and take a look for myself. you plug it in overnight? does it take that long or just plug it in for a little while

·
Registered
534 Posts
It was an option that, I'd bet, most cars do not have. It was only like $60, but theres really no need for it unless you live in a frozen tundra.

·
Registered
110 Posts
well over the winter when i would get in my car in the morning the engine temp would be about 98 degrees and in like three blocks i would have toasty heat mmmmmm....no need for an extened running warm up

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
WHAT?!? where is this? under the air box?!?! this is a news to me. i want to run outside and take a look for myself. you plug it in overnight? does it take that long or just plug it in for a little while
It was optional; if your car has it the Monroney Label (aka Window sticker) will list it under optional equipment. The idea is to plug in overnight so your car will start easily and your heater will work right away in extremely cold climates. You don't HAVE to plug it in all night but who wants to get up at 4 am to plug their block heater in?

My "C" doesn't have one but my '07 Ram does, and it is itemized on the window sticker.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Heheh, yeah it's funny that a car sold in the bay area would come with that :)
It wouldn't unless you (or the dealer) ordered it that way. Mine was sold in Idaho (where it snowed TODAY...GRRRrrrrrrrrrr) and doesn't have a block heater. It's nice but not necessary unless you live in a REALLY cold climate (i.e. Fairbanks Alaska, where you cannot shut your car off in the winter unless you have a block heater because it may never start again!).

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
swwweeeeeet. Now I just have to find a plug in my garage to reach, and wait until next winter! :)

·
Banned
651 Posts
hey buddy it gets pretty cold in the bay area, it was in the low 30's one time during the winter. me and my family had to cuddle all night for warmth so we wouldnt risk dying. life is rough out here........

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's a complex garage. I'll need about 192 foot cord and stretch it up the stairway......not so silly! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts