Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the whole thing about not buying 22s because of increased theft, but it seems a *LOT* of 300 buyers, especially ones with the v6s, get huge wheels as soon as possible.

Seems Chrysler could make some nice money offering 22s as a factory option, it'd be safer too since they'd be made to fit the car to begin with. :arms:

I know the whole deal, what do you think? I wouldn't put bigger than 20s myself, but I'd love to see it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
the germans do this somewhat, but aside from them, i dont really see many other manufacturers doing this. the only time you change wheels is when you change up levels of the car.

i think they leave it up to the dealership to do this as well. it would probably be a huge investment on Chryslers part to do something like that, R&D and product testing and such, when its just as easy to let the dealers either work something out with a local wheel shop, or sell the higher up wheels as an accessory. i know LOTS of dealers of commonly modded cars will offer wheel packages and deals that they have available, and im sure the salesman can work the price of a set of SRT wheels into the 300C price. its just easier for them if they let the individual dealerships do this, IMO.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think its because those who want to put 22s on their car do so to separate their car from the rest. If Chrysler offered it then people would select different styles to further differentiate their car.

I go for the 22 inch SRT rim tho', and when my stock tires wear out I may buy 'em if they're available.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Here in Australia, some delaerships offer 22's on new and second hand 300's as an option (their option).

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
We do like to be different with our wheels.
It is interesting to note though that people with SRT8 tend to keep original wheels on their cars and more 300c guys then to put 22s on theirs.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah, I know the dealers do it because that's a really popular thing with our used car dealers to do, it's like a rule in this town that every car dealer has at least one 300 (usually a v6) with big wheels. More mods? Sometimes. XD

They buy them off rental auctions, throw the mods on, I can't really blame them because the V6 wheels suck.

In fact, putting 20s or 22s on a 300, is just like remodeling your kitchen - you pretty much get every buck you put into them or more out when you sell the car, lmao.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Michael,

Probably because the factory SRT8 rims are about the "right" size and width and they look very good on the car. I love my 18" chrome clad's and have no ambitions for 22's or 24's it's certainly not on my to do list.

My truck has factory 20's and I HATE buying tires for it...

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, like I said I've got your point ;) I was just saying a lot of people like to buy huge aftermarket wheels *shrug* :)

After spending $650-ish to get those BFGs installed on the 300 I hate to think about burning rubber and/or getting bigger wheels, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts