Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trust me...I'm the last one who wants to make this post...but I've noticed a really upsetting trend...

You know how there is this great song...I mean really great, but for some God awful reason the radio station won't take it out of the every other song slot? okay, let me get to the point...

THEY ARE USING OUR CAR FOR RENTALS!!!! :mad:

Who do I have to shoot?? :mad:

I have a guy come into work today saying, " :D Hey, I drove your car over the weekend, it was great!!" He just bought a Porsche, so I can't really say, see what your missing. You won't see his porsche at the enterprise.

Another reason why our 300's are getting played out... Three letters.
D.U.B.
Have you seen any of their shows?? :eek:

They have like 15 300's all mod'd about the same way, just different colors, maybe a different rim pattern.

Their show is basically how many different 300C's can we mod.

Now some might say, oh great exposure...well buddy, there's a thing called overexposure, just like the song, and when you can get one of these babies for roughly the same price as a Toyota Camry or a Honda Accord, can you imagine if this turns into the new Camry or Accord!!!?? That's right folks, lost into eternity. You might as well have a bicycle.

I love my 300, I think it is the greatest car you can buy for the bucks. It's not like I didn't think it would catch on, i just didn't expect to come out of my pockets for a car that would be played out so soon...

Reply if you agree or disagree with what I'm saying.

300 not so PMPN

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
OH, good God! Here we go...

(I agree with some of what you are saying)...

My point of 'Oh God' is that there have been several threads recently that have broken the forum into 3 camps...those who defend DUB-ness rabidly, those who can't stand it at all, and those who just stay out of the argument...your post is like picking at an old wound...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to add to the segregated camp nonsense...for those of us who haven't been here long, and haven't read all the past archive threads, please do bear with us...

I too am split on the issue, cause I do like the ideas and mods and different styles they make for the car, however, they act like this is the only car to put rims on...yeah it's hot, but not for long if they keep this up.

I can't say I am in one camp or the other, I just would like a little moderation.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
300PMP said:
Sorry to add to the segregated camp nonsense...for those of us who haven't been here long, and haven't read all the past archive threads, please do bear with us...

I too am split on the issue, cause I do like the ideas and mods and different styles they make for the car, however, they act like this is the only car to put rims on...yeah it's hot, but not for long if they keep this up.

I can't say I am in one camp or the other, I just would like a little moderation.
No prob...no apology needed :)

OK, now we wait for the flame wars to begin! :rolleyes:

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
I don't think it's played out at all. The 300 is Chrysler's complete line of full sized sedans to compete against the market. They replace the Concords and Intrepids.

Rental companies, taxicabs, rap stars - whatever. The elegant design, the comfort, the reliability of RWD, the size - make this car a clear winner for many market segments.

That's just fine with me. A buddy just bought a 6 series BMW. He drove mine after his purchase. He is kicking himself now for spending all that extra money and not getting the C.

I don't mind one bit. :D

·
Registered
901 Posts
Disagree

The car get awhole lot of attention, with mods or not. Just my .02 cents :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
although i disagree with whaqt DUB does in term of 15 cars, all the same except color, i do not disagree with modifying the car.

I'm getting my car in a week or 2, and just ordered 22" Asanti 113s for my car so that they arrive at the same time as the car (hopefully)

like rogue said, as long as it stands out its not going to be an issue...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Northern Rider said:
That's just fine with me. A buddy just bought a 6 series BMW. He drove mine after his purchase. He is kicking himself now for spending all that extra money and not getting the C
The 6 series is a super nice sporter but like with all BMW's they are just a little over priced for what you get. In some cases way over priced!

Just like when I smoked a new 6 series at a 50 roll on, then from a 40 roll he got the upper hand on my, I was at his rear bumper. Not much of a upper hand.

I feel that BMW focus is on getting there nice rides on the track when 99.9 percent of the people that drive a BMW won't even drive it on the track. Some cars in that class don't advertise track performance and they perform just as good on the track.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I understand that DC has withdrawn this car from the rental market and I believe I read it somewhere in this forum.

We had a 300 plain car on test with my local police service as they were looking for a replacement vehicle for detective units. They sent it back as being too expensive for what they wanted. I inquired about the use for the Magnums for all areas that would include the hemis but that was also not considered an option as this was also too expensive. They will stick with Ford.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The car get awhole lot of attention, with mods or not. Just my .02 cents

It's just the flavor of the month. Happened with the Beetle, PT Cruiser, etc...It's the hot item (inexpensive too) right now for aftermarket companies to showcase their products. As an example, look at the DUB Edition, because of this, other companies are pushing hard to make their products better looking then the DUB Edition, who benefits from this?? 300C Owners!! Because of the popularity of the 300C other auto manufacturers are pushing their designs, this will even push Chrysler harder, who benefits from this? We do.

When you have good design/plateform, you want to move forward and push it to the max, standing still will leave you behind trying to catch up. So is the 300C played out? I say lets play so more!!!!!

Big Hemi

·
Registered
106 Posts
I agree with all of you, you all have valid points. We are going to try and capitalize on the beauty of this car while we can. Here is our humble rendition.

This is our 300C we just finished yesterday and will be at the Portland International Autoshow. It is a bit of the same with a bit of the new.

Asanti 22
STRUT grill, lower mesh, side vents ( yes we had to cut the fenders) and rear badge
BORLA exhaust with 5" tips
Eibach springs

We will post more soon when we get our photo shoot shots back.

Attachments

·
Registered
770 Posts
Deep down inside I do not like it when I have to explain to some one that the car they saw or drove was a 2.7L or 3.5L and I have the Hemi. That said I can't put anyone down for loving there 6 cylinder 300 cause it is a nice car. Overall I think Chrysler did the right thing here. Just like back in the 60s you could buy many a car (Chevy, Ford, etc) with different levels of performance and luxory. An Impala had on the low end a 6 cylinder and on the high end the SS with the 396 V-8 I believe. We get that marketing strategy with a whole lot of amenities also.

I am not a big moder but I understand why folks do it. May do air intake, exhaust, and better gripping tires some day (same size though).

Bob

·
Registered
631 Posts
I don't know why it matters if the car is getting played out or not. While it was nice to get all the attention, I would not love the car any less if I didn't. As a matter of fact, I still get head turns and people asking questions. Sooner or later something else will be the flavor of the month(s) and the 300 will be just another driver. Who really knows how much longer all of this will last, but in the end does it really matter...

·
Registered
824 Posts
jcsganga34 said:
I don't know why it matters if the car is getting played out or not. While it was nice to get all the attention, I would not love the car any less if I didn't. As a matter of fact, I still get head turns and people asking questions. Sooner or later something else will be the flavor of the month(s) and the 300 will be just another driver. Who really knows how much longer all of this will last, but in the end does it really matter...
Nailed it. Love it or hate it, all I know is that the people that love it are obsessed with it. Don't know if I'm the only one that thinks this but the car has a bit of magic to it.
What other car gets kids ages 5-14 all excited asking there mom and dad "what car is that!" The only other thing that gets kids that excited on wheels is the Oscar Mayer car.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
respond I shall.

the question remains, who plans on keeping there 300 for the long haul???
As I and others believe this car(the C) will be a classic.

With that said, eventually the 'hype' will die and the real C owners will stand out, moded or not.

If you're tired of the kitted C or upset that the base is a fleet car that's fine. Be patient as you're C will ce a classic.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
tekhen said:
respond I shall.

the question remains, who plans on keeping there 300 for the long haul???
As I and others believe this car(the C) will be a classic.

With that said, eventually the 'hype' will die and the real C owners will stand out, moded or not.

If you're tired of the kitted C or upset that the base is a fleet car that's fine. Be patient as you're C will ce a classic.
Teken, the 'how long we plan to keep' sounds like a great idea for another poll. Results should be interesting, yes?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Teken, the 'how long we plan to keep' sounds like a great idea for another poll. Results should be interesting, yes?

I agree, it would be interesting to see what the results would be.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Cars come - Cars go Long live the "C"

I am 57 and been driving since 1964. Have owned alot of cars in that time:

1. 1955 Pontiac Chieften
2. 1964 maroon Pontiac Catalina convert 389 ci tri-power with a 4-speed
3. 1969 Pontiac Firebird 350 ci automatice Hauled arse
Now married
4. 1964 Cadillic four-window Sedan Deville
5. 1966 Cadillac Coupe Deville
Five children and numerous unexciting family cars
6. 1994 Chev Z28 WOW
7. 1995 Chevy Blazer
8. 1999 Chrysler Sebring Convert
9. 2000 Sebring Convert
10. 2001 300M
11. The "C"

My point - the "C" is the nicest car I've ever driven, so far (said that about the 300M until the "C" came along). The cars of the 1960's were hot right off the showroom floor - but not safe like the 300C - and that's what I like about it. I am reliving my youth, but safely. Will love it until something better comes along (kinda fickle, huh?)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts