Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just attempted to have DDM HID installed. They won't stay lit when engine is on and sometimes one side works and the other does not. Capasitors have been installed. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
The one side vs. the other is not uncommon and can be corrected, usually, by simply turning off the lights and then back on (works also for HID fogs). Sometime the ignitor doesn't quite give enough kick to get the gas going and it just takes the next 'start'.

With respect to the other are you saying that the lights come on, but then won't stay on? Or they don't come on at all? Did you happen to have to reverse the first power connection (this is needed with some DDM kits - at least those from Stealth Auto - and maybe all). Refer to my HOW TO thread for the MSRT8 in the HOW TO forum. Same would apply to a 300C.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One side would come on but not the other, the other side would flicker but go out. They won't come on with the engine running. Thanks Tim

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
make sure you have the connections in the right order... refer to my thread... it's all illustrated... if they are the same type of HIDs. Also possible you have one bad capacitor.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanksk again Tim can you link it for me?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm not familiar with the capacitors but I just hooked up a set of HID's a couple of weeks ago and had to use relay's. At first, even with the relay it didn't work (did exactly what you explained with one working and the other flashing) and the relay would make a lot of noise. Mr. iNCREDIBLE suggested that I swap out the relay for a higher amperage relay. I put in a 60AMP relay and they work great. If that isn't the problem, I can't help you but I hope you do figure it out.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tim I found the link, Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
make sure your capacitors are in the right place too. I have mine on the line that's going IN to the ballast.
Just a thought

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
The one side vs. the other is not uncommon and can be corrected, usually, by simply turning off the lights and then back on (works also for HID fogs). Sometime the ignitor doesn't quite give enough kick to get the gas going and it just takes the next 'start'.

With respect to the other are you saying that the lights come on, but then won't stay on? Or they don't come on at all? Did you happen to have to reverse the first power connection (this is needed with some DDM kits - at least those from Stealth Auto - and maybe all). Refer to my HOW TO thread for the MSRT8 in the HOW TO forum. Same would apply to a 300C.
Excellent post, Tim! :)

-Aaron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts