Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately Smashed a deer and they totaled my car so instead of dealing with salvage/rebuilt title I wanted to see if I could swap my 05 5.7 jasper rebuilt in a newer shell 06-10 or do I have to stick with a 05 body

·
Registered
697 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'd be OK until you got to the year (2009 or 2010) when they went to variable cam timing (VVT) and no EGR Valve. Also, your 5.7 has Chrysler's failed Wasted Spark setup with spark plug wires going over the top of the engine. From 06 on the 5.7's had the coils over both plugs and no spark plug wires. Your options there would be to use your existing set up (probably easiest) BUT you'd have to cut off and save the 05 coil plugs and maybe 8-12 in. wire so you can splice them into the newer wiring harness. The other option for the coil issue is to buy new later model valve covers and coils and convert your 05 Hemi coil arrangement into the later style. There may also be other subtle differences, but call can be resolved if you keep all your stock accessories, mounts for them and all your 05 electrical plugs.One other that comes to mind is the Intake Air Temperature sensor plug, which may be different between the 05's. Anyway, if you have all the plugs and enough of the wires left to splice them into the later harness as needed, you should be good to go. Once you get to the later Hemi's with the VVT there are more differences than are worth dealing with, IMO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts