Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Srt exhaust fit my o6 300c?

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
with enough $$$$....

anything is possible. A great idea, and it should work as the cars are virtually identical underneath.

Good luck!

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stevesrt8 said:
anything is possible. A great idea, and it should work as the cars are virtually identical underneath.

Good luck!

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software

Iam geting a great price $400.00

·
Registered
70 Posts
SRT MINI ME said:
Will Srt exhaust fit my o6 300c?
I had the same thought when I had my RT.......

Buy a set of SRT8 manifolds and cat pipes..... along with the SRT8 exhaust.... and you will have a GREAT flowing, complete exhaust system for what will amount to pretty much what a set of RT headers cost......

FWIW,

--Bo

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
As Steve said earlier, anything's possible. This also happens to be feasible, in all liklihood.

You will find it necessary to fabricate adapters, as the diameter of the SRT8's exhaust tubing is larger (1/2" comes to mind) than that of the 5.7L.

Not a direct bolt-on mod, but an interesting project.

Keep us informed. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Meister said:
As Steve said earlier, anything's possible. This also happens to be feasible, in all liklihood.

You will find it necessary to fabricate adapters, as the diameter of the SRT8's exhaust tubing is larger (1/2" comes to mind) than that of the 5.7L.

Not a direct bolt-on mod, but an interesting project.

Keep us informed. :)
It WOULD (if the hangers are the same) be a direct bolt-on with the SRT manifolds and cat pipes. I priced these a while back, but double checked today at makeitmopar.com.....

manifolds are 151.50 each, the converters are not listed, but I think the y were less than 160.00 for each side. If that is the case, then you could upgrade your RT exhaust to the SRT8 version for around a thousand.....

--Bo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Worked Great! But..............

Bo'sRT said:
It WOULD (if the hangers are the same) be a direct bolt-on with the SRT manifolds and cat pipes. I priced these a while back, but double checked today at makeitmopar.com.....

manifolds are 151.50 each, the converters are not listed, but I think the y were less than 160.00 for each side. If that is the case, then you could upgrade your RT exhaust to the SRT8 version for around a thousand.....

--Bo
Worked great, But did have to mod a little , and Droon is at @ 60 because of the MDS

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
SRT MINI ME said:
Worked great, But did have to mod a little , and Droon is at @ 60 because of the MSD
Can you go into a little more depth? Sound? Performance? Looks? What did you have to modify? And how? Any photo's?

That's it for now:rocketwho

Moose.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Moose said:
Can you go into a little more depth? Sound? Performance? Looks? What did you have to modify? And how? Any photo's?

That's it for now:rocketwho

Moose.
Sound is great's, Perfect fit ( Hangers matched up) but did have to flair pipe's to get a good fit. Sorry no Pic's, I may try diffrent mufflers to get rid of droon. But I waiting to see if anyone post's anything about the fix. My 05 300c had a droon with a factory system. As far as HP ...not sure. The Best mod I have done so far is cold air. It's the 1st thing I would to do. This makes a better sound than any exhaust change. The SRT I got the system from put on Zoomer's.......
Damm they sound good but they are LOUD. TKS SRT MiNi ME

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
droner

DCX spent a lot of time on that 5.7 exhaust to muffle the MDS sound. I think that the srt8 is biased towards flow and is still very quiet.

Have you tried a different resonator set up?

Let us know how you do. There will be a lot of used SRT8 exhausts on the ground, cheap!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts