Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered our Inferno Red Heritage 300C last Saturday. The dealer says there will only be a production of 5,000 units (not sure if it's one year or total?), She also said that there is an allocation of only four Heritage Editions to each dealer? I'm wondering if these numbers are anything near close?

I'm also facinated with the "Performance Shift schedule on 5 speed AutoStick" and hoping that the tranny hits hard and not a mush mellon like the stockers??

A buddy of mine went the Detroit auto show and said the Red Heritage is stunning and the White deep buckets POP!

I'm thinking these cars will be garner way over MSRP (like the SRT8) and may become a collectable as well? Once people know that they are out there, I think they will all be gone. What are your thoughts?

300C Heritage Edition
CPOS 29R PACKAGE MSRP $1,995

- Exclusive Extra Cost Color Offering: Inferno Red Crystal
- Other color offerings: Brilliant Black Crystal and Cool Vanilla
- Royale Leather trimmed Performance Bucket in Lt. Graystone
- Unique Dark Slate Gray/Lt. Graystone interior with Dk. Slate
carpeting
- P225/60R18 Touring Tires and Unique Chrome clad Wheels with
Performance suspension
- Responsive Performance Steering Gear
- Chromed dual exhaust tips with performance exhaust
- Performance Shift schedule on 5 speed AutoStick
- Smart Beam Headlamps (Chrysler car first and exclusive)
- HID Headlamps and Headlamp Washers
- AM/FM/Cassette/6-Disc CD with MP3 compatible radio
- 368 watt amplifier, 7 Boston Acoustic Speakers with subwoofer
- Unique Smoke Translucent finish on upper steering wheel and
door pull handles (replacing Tortoise Shell)
- Power Adjustable Pedals with Memory
- SRT styled body color decklid spoiler
- Power, Folding, Heated Chromed Mirrors
- Special all-chrome grille
- Unique Heritage inspired badging on seatbacks and special
chromed bodyside moldings

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
They'll probably do 5000 a year or something of the like. Consider it a daytona 300C. They'd be nuts to sell those damn things over MSRP. Shoot, people don't even buy Daytonas at MSRP and those are 4000 unit runs PER COLOR, what makes ya think they'll go over something nobody wants to pay anyway? ;)

"market adjustment" is dirty as hell.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
If it had the 6.1 it would be collectible IMHO.

The future will hold what collectible really means. It has to do with how many are run into the ground vs. the population of people in the future per car still available ratio. Personally I think anything that's a hot car right now has "the potential" due to possible future strict emissions laws and also the possiblilty of alternative fuels/electric cars taking over as the predominently sold vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Best guess is some dealers will mark up over MSRP when they first come out, and some will get it too.....then when supply catches up with demand you'll be able to get one for under MSRP like you can a regular C or even an SRT8 in some cases now.

As for being a collector's item, nobody has that crystal ball, but for the forseeable future it will depreciate just like any other car, as will all 300C's and even SRT8's. In 20 years who knows? In 40 years, sure it will probably be worth more than it cost new, but that means very little; what will the value of a dollar be by then?

·
Banned
223 Posts
I've been thinking about ordering one of these myself. How much was the final cost Chromer ? Also these cant be ordered on Chrysler's website yet can it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts