Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
..., pls stand up.
I knew there was a reason that the current slew of "Bentley" mesh grills didn't quite satisfy/look right. Conducted a comprehensive review and found the following discrepancies:
1. E&G grill frame is way too wide;
2. Real Bentley mesh is not simply "wire mesh" - its "deep-dish" mesh;
3. Real Bentley grill frames are also slightly "deep-dish" & have center-bars.
Now, I realize that to perfectly "imitate" the real thing is gonna cost some (more) dough. But, hey folks, WE are the cutting edge here, RIGHT?
We make the "buzz", no?
What I'm saying is that we need our custom parts suppliers to take a look at the "real thing" and go back to the drawing board and get it right.
....
It can be done.
(see Aspendog's Vanilla deep-dish
billet grill photo).
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
On our way into the city for a meeting this Tuesday, we stopped at the Bentley/Lotus/Lamborghini dealership and I got to see that grille in person.....

WOW!!!!!!

the "deep" mesh looks so clean. If someone made these grilles, I would be more than willing to pay Strut-ish prices for one... But it must be a la bentley in term of quality and finish.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
524 Posts
PixelPusher said:
that mesh rocks in person... I'd love to see it in one of TommyZ's grilles! do it do it...
There are some metal stair treads/grating readily available that if chromed would give that look. Take a look at www.mcnichols.com

Any metal fabricators out there? My days are over, it is too much work for a novice w/o proper tools.

Look at the Grip Strut w/ non serated surface.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
531 Posts
I spose ill pipe in here....my first goal was to make the same grill as the bentely gt coupe, unfortuanlty they have a plastics company make those and they are very , very expensive, as well as they wouldnt fit as is i would have had to make a whole new tool bigger to fit 300....they are awesome in person though ...i am making a deep dish bentely /maybach grill as we speak...unfortunalty it wont have the stock mesh in it because it got all ruined when i kut it out...

tz
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
i dont know if youve guys seen the nickel plated chrome e&g wire mesh grille..... but damn, in person the think literally sparkles... im getting rid of my stainless steel e&g wiremesh, and buying the nickel plated one... kinda pricy ($900 retail, $650 ebay) but the look.........................damn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
tommyz said:
I spose ill pipe in here....my first goal was to make the same grill as the bentely gt coupe, unfortuanlty they have a plastics company make those and they are very , very expensive, as well as they wouldnt fit as is i would have had to make a whole new tool bigger to fit 300....they are awesome in person though ...i am making a deep dish bentely /maybach grill as we speak...unfortunalty it wont have the stock mesh in it because it got all ruined when i kut it out...

tz
those grilles are hot tommy!
Can you give us the # or email of the guy that makes your grille emblems? I think you posted it before but I must be searching for the wrong term cuz i can't find it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
LAIDBACKC said:
i dont know if youve guys seen the nickel plated chrome e&g wire mesh grille..... but damn, in person the think literally sparkles...
..........damn.

Have not seen that one as yet. I have a personal aversion to the E&G grilles, though. (I am sure this one is just as nice as you say, no argument about that.)

It is just that everyone is getting E&G grilles. Part of the motivation of an aftermarket grille is to be different than the rest. With everyone else having them as well....about all you're saying is "Me too".

Also, I hate the knock-off wing logo of the E&G's. They had to go to it when DC clobbered them for copyright infringement for using the Chrysler Wing and Logo. To me.....it just looks tacky. Better nothing at all than that thing.


Personally, what I would like to do is a) the TommyZ deepdish surround with b) the J&J Vertical billet Stainless grille.

The problem with this is that the J&J is a clamp-on designed to go on over the stock grille. Which would be OK, but I fear too much of the original would peek through.



....sT


PS -- Hey Tommy...anything you can do to help me out here?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
72 Posts
Bentley's r cheap

The bentley grill is not even metal it is chromed plastic which looks like mesh and goes back about 3/4 of an inch to its super shiney from any angle you look at it from no black gaps, as of now 300's w/ aftermarket "metal" grills on them are miles ahead of the bentleys plastic eye jewl :banana: :banana: :banana:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
300cp said:
The bentley grill is not even metal it is chromed plastic which looks like mesh and goes back about 3/4 of an inch to its super shiney from any angle you look at it from no black gaps, as of now 300's w/ aftermarket "metal" grills on them are miles ahead of the bentleys plastic eye jewl :banana: :banana: :banana:
Quite correct.
But its the thin "frame" of the Bentley's grill thatz not being duplicated.
The thick frames are fine, but "not quite right" - in my estimation. :newangel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Redman said:
Quite correct.
But its the thin "frame" of the Bentley's grill thatz not being duplicated.
The thick frames are fine, but "not quite right" - in my estimation. :newangel:
Red,
Check out the grillcraft grilles at usspeed. There isn't really any frame but they don't have the center bar. They aren't plastic either. They come chrome, silver, & black. Nice price too.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
the bentley grills are freakin plastic, with plastic chrome on them, at least on the Cont. GT. I guess that its more lightweight, but its still plastic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Check out the E&G Grill, it's metal and looks REAL nice on mine.

:bling:

BAKES
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
stunna55 said:
the bentley grills are freakin plastic, with plastic chrome on them, at least on the Cont. GT. I guess that its more lightweight, but its still plastic.
It's a VOLKSWAGEN!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top