Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm not an expert in cars. I drive a lot at nights with the 300 and the OEM lights are pretty pathetic for what I paid for this car. I can't see anything, they are yellowish and mild, don't even match the LEDs around the blinker lights

I don't know how to install HIDs, etc. but I was told if I buy a pair of D3S bulbs, I can just swap them with the OEMs

will these fit then ?

EDIT can't post a link since I'm a newbie but on ebay the headline is 6000k D3S XENON HID BULBS DIRECT REPLACEMENT for philips OSRAM

·
Registered
562 Posts
You need to get an HID kit. The bulb will not fit in the housing or connect to the factory wiring.

Reactions: elieb

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ugh, looks like I have to take it to a tuning shop then ! I don't know how to play with cars, don't even have the tools since I live in a condo

·
Registered
562 Posts
Where are you located? Someone here may be close and can help you get them installed.

·
Registered
562 Posts
There are a bunch of guys up that way. If you cannot someone on this board, go to LXForums.com.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Elieb,

Have you had the current lighting system looked at? The way you describe the problem it sounds like it needs to be fixed not up graded.

·
Banned
294 Posts
Elieb,

Have you had the current lighting system looked at? The way you describe the problem it sounds like it needs to be fixed not up graded.
I agree. My lights are the factory OEM version for 2013 and they are extremely bright, and white. I do a fair amount of night driving on back country roads, and I wouldn't want anything much brighter.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm no ! I bought the car 7 8 months ago brand new... and the lightening has always been the same. I mean yes I exaggerated a lil bit too but I would rather have brighter whiter lights that cover left and right corners better.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm with you, the OEM halogens are a joke. Do some searching for Halogen to HID conversion, there is plenty of info on it here. To do it right (i.e. replacing the halogen projectors with HID projectors), you're going to be looking at spending a LOT of money. There is currently no brighter alternative 9012 replacement bulb for us either. Supposedly the 9006 bulbs can be made to work with a little modification and there are several aftermarket options for those. I think I've got some extra 9006's lying around so I'm going to play around with those tonight or tomorrow when I swap out my headlights with some 300S lights I just bought. If they work, I'll buy some Silverstar ZXE's. I had those on my Jeep and they were excellent, as close to white as you'll get with halogen.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yea they'll fit, but they won't work without ballasts.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Lol I called a local shop, he said 400 bucks for hid kits and installation.... I give up ! Thanks Chrysler for these crappy lights

·
Registered
321 Posts
Lol I called a local shop, he said 400 bucks for hid kits and installation.... I give up ! Thanks Chrysler for these crappy lights
That actually sounds about right. In order to do it right (i.e. legally) you'd need to replace the projectors as well. Between those, a high end kit, and the installation, you'd be up around a few hundred easy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I picked up my 2013 base 300 in December, and thought the headlights were crap - lights were so high, I had to use the fog lights to see the road. Even on low beam, I was being flashed by oncoming drivers. I decided to adjust them. I put in the Philips head screwdriver, made about one-half turn on each light, then turned them back to their original settings. Shazam !!! The lights, a brilliant white, were now on the road like they should have been. Something was stuck in the lights at the factory, and my toggling it broke them free.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts