Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread in the RT forum on burnouts and there was a wide disparity between cars. Thought it might be interesting to see what you aggresive drivers of the C can do (any pics). I have never tried, only chirped the tires a few times by accident. 4,700 miles and I have never even tried WOT.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe Not

I don't think my 300c AWD will do burnouts,then again I wouldn't know the dealer screwed up my order(he forgot the sunroof) now I got to wait till maybe Feb for it to come in.Chris

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I have tried a couple of half-hearted burnouts in my C.
I say half-hearted because I didn't really stomp the pedal to the floor.
I was getting the wheels to squeal/burn maybe 2-3 seconds. I am guessing that is about 1 car length, or about 15 feet.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes. And it does wonderful donuts when the ESP is off. :)

Another story for another time...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Burnouts...well yah! My pals at work clap and pick up handfulls of little rubber fragments left after a 2 car length launch. Just for the audience, I click of ESP and use a little power brake until the smoke begins to build and then release on the brake pedal and bury the gas...we've got the concrete tiltup industrial buildings on both sides of the parking area. It sounds a lot like the howl at the water covered burnout pad at Pomona Raceway echoing off the press/VIP building behind it. I gotta record it for the grandkids! :cool:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think people are disappointed because even without esp on the car will not burn rubber by flooring it without hitting the brake first.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I can lay down 10-20 ft of rubber without power braking. I haven't tried with. When I first got the car, it didn't.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well LOTHP...you report a much more "crisp" response than most, but I would love to have that ability!

·
Registered
83 Posts
i do em all the time without a brake, but it does mate what kinda pavement your on. it doesnt matter esp on or off for a little squeak, but if you wanna hve fun turn esp off. u-turns are the best.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Joey, I dont think you can fully put pedal to the metal... I followed someone's tips (sorry for the half credit, I forgot who it was, you can find it on the what have you smoked thread) well, esp off, AS on 1st, press down on the brakes really hard and slowly rev up the engine and press the gass enough to make the back wheels spin, I wouldn't risk pressing the gas any harder :) well, at least not in my case, I tried it with someone in front of me lol :) everyone around me freaked out.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Tha187um said:
Joey, I dont think you can fully put pedal to the metal... I followed someone's tips (sorry for the half credit, I forgot who it was, you can find it on the what have you smoked thread) well, esp off, AS on 1st, press down on the brakes really hard and slowly rev up the engine and press the gass enough to make the back wheels spin, I wouldn't risk pressing the gas any harder :) well, at least not in my case, I tried it with someone in front of me lol :) everyone around me freaked out.
I'll give it a try. Never thought you could burn rubber while the brake is on.

When I experimented with burning rubber, I pressed the brake pedal hard and started to press the gas pedal until I felt the car start to raise up. I think the RPM's got up to around 1800 at which point I let the brake off and punched the gas pedal, but not all the way to the floor.

Here are some cool pics of a Magnum and 300C burning some rubber. I assumed the tires or road surface was preconditioned to allow for the spin. I guess I was wrong. I look forward to trying this out :) .

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
doin' burnouts...

Here's a reprint of an earlier post by me on doing a burnout with a Rear Wheel Drive car:

It is actually quite different to a manual - and quite different to the Chrysler 300M. I'm not an engineer - all I can tell you is my experience.

For highway driving, the standard automatic Drive position suits me best. The C has strange vibration problem at 55 mph (something to do with the torque converter loading up in 5th. If I am driving that speed (rarely), I will put it in 4th. The problem goes away.

If I want to accelerate rapidly from a stop, say to eat up Nissan 350, here's what I do.

I turn of the ESP. I put the stick in 1st gear. I place my right foot on the gas and my left on the brake. Because the front brakes are stronger than the rear brakes, you can "spin" the rear tires by applying enough gas, and still stay in one position. Young folks who have no experience with RWD muscle cars are often freaked out by this "warming of the tires" prior to dragging off the light.

Imagine this - the light is red - the 350 pilot and I have exchanged looks - he wants to have a go. I left foot brake and spin my rear tires for 5 seconds then hold the throttle just below the spin threshold. When the light goes green - pedal to the metal - and away you go. I've had FWDrivers sit there staring at my rear wheels in shock and amazement while I motored off.

With the auto stick - this one always shifts before the red line so manually shifting up doesn't seem to improve performance. The hemi has so much torque and the drive train puts it down so well that max revs are not necessary.

I find leaving it in 4th around town give it a sharper edge on the upshifts (maybe it tells the computer you want an agressive profile).

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Billy94Z said:
I think people are disappointed because even without esp on the car will not burn rubber by flooring it without hitting the brake first.
Mine will lay down rubber as long as I keep my foot in it.

If you have any doubts about the ability of a 300C to do a burnout, watch this video: http://www.zeckhausen.com/300C_drifting.avi :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts