·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi John

I havent noticed any major problems with wind buffeting on our touring. Can you pinpoint where the noise is coming from or is it form noise over the whole car.

Do you have a standard or "Bentley" grille? as this could affect the air flow. Have you replaced the tyres as this can also have an effect if you have changed the brand?

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Wind buffeting with windows open?
My car does it pretty bad. Don't normally drive with the windows open, except when the dog is in the back seat with her head hanging out the window. One window open stops the buffeting. Two windows open and it gets bad. My other cars were the opposite. Two windows open stopped the buffeting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wind problem happens with the windows closed. Also, I've the standard grille and, I assume, the original tyres as the car has only done 14000 when I bought it.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I have occasionally experienced severe wind buffeting on windy days, where I could barely keep the car between the lines. I think the buffeting is worse when the wind is hitting the car broadside, not head on. But it sounds like you have it all the time. I can't think of any reason why you would be having abnormal wind buffeting.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
it may have something to do with the back of the car sucking the air causing a vortex,perhaps the touring needs a tailgate/roof spoiler.Also have you still got the engine belly pan still on cos they reckon that helps the flow of air to get round our bricks,also on the saloons(not sure on tourers)under the rear bumper area is a plastic diffuser which also helps with airflow,just a thought,I could be miles out here.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
also check that your roof gutter rubbers are seated flush to the car and not sitting above the roofline - this could possibly be the cause of the noise.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
why not try slowing down...lol

or just shut the window, I'm surprised you have been able to have the window open with our current weather

Looks like us oil burners should switch to a Hemi, global warming seems to be reversing

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Looks like us oil burners should switch to a Hemi, global warming seems to be reversing
you seem to be able to pick them up cheaply enough at the moment.

Give it another couple of weeks and you'll get a HEMI free with some tokens off Kelloggs Cornflake packets.:smashfrea

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
you seem to be able to pick them up cheaply enough at the moment.

Give it another couple of weeks and you'll get a HEMI free with some tokens off Kelloggs Cornflake packets.:smashfrea

surely that should be the other way round if its reversing,plenty of diesels out there,it should make mine worth a pound or two more...especialy if I fill the tank.lol:pat: :) :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts