Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I know that someone here had some issues with wind noise and I wondered if the dealer was able to fix the problem. I seem to be getting a a lot of wind noise and after taking it to the dealer the problem still exists. Apparently there is a bulletin from Chrysler in regards to wind leak from the A pillar but mine was not resolved. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
At 80 I get some wind off the mirrors, common among many cars, if it's A pillar noise, have they replaced the door,window gasket.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I get noise from the B pillar. I guess thats the price I pay for being tall and having the seat all the way back.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I also get wind noise from the A pillar. The noise is coming through right where the mirror is located. It is real noticeable at speeds above 70. I don't hear any noise on the passenger side. I had Service try to fix it about two months ago, but they were not able to fix it. In fact, I now get an occasional low level whistling also, which didn't occur before they tried to fix the wind noise. They said there was a TSB on the wind noise. I don't know what the TSB fix instructions were.
Either way, they were not able to fix it.

I have resigned myself to the wind noise. Probably next time I take my C in for service I will ask them again if there is anything else they can try.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
I currently don't get any wind noise, HOWEVER, my car is in the shop now (one week today, I miss her) and one of the job tickets is to align the passenger door because it catches/hangs up when opening/closing. I'm hoping this won't cause a wind noise problem because nothing bugs me more and the service dept. will see me turn into a monster with a capital "B". It's a big problem in my 'Vette that they have never been able to resolve.

If anyone does get the "fix" info, please post... thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wind noise on both sides. Wife says it's too loud. Driving me bonkers. Dealer can't hear it. I saw a cool way to locate wind noise on TV, a few months ago. Problem is, I can't remember what it was. I know they did it in the shop, and it was a simple cool idea. :eek:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
HEMEEE said:
I currently don't get any wind noise, HOWEVER, my car is in the shop now (one week today, I miss her) and one of the job tickets is to align the passenger door because it catches/hangs up when opening/closing. I'm hoping this won't cause a wind noise problem because nothing bugs me more and the service dept. will see me turn into a monster with a capital "B". It's a big problem in my 'Vette that they have never been able to resolve.

If anyone does get the "fix" info, please post... thanks
Hemee,
I am not sure if you are describing the same thing, but my wife has difficulty closing the door on the first attempt. It often catches/hangs which requires she open it again and push it harder to get it shut. I thought the door was out of alignment and asked the dealer to adjust the door.
The shop foreman asked if my door was shut when this occurred, which it usually is. His point was the air pocket/seal in the car is very high in the 300 which makes it more difficult to close the last door. Just food for thought. So far I have a lot confidence in my dealer/shop foreman, so I tend to accept his theory.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wind noise does seem to get worse above 65mph. I've heard other 300c owners post how their cars are whisper quiet. I've also read that these cars are suppose to be one of the quietest on the road.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just had to know if it was me or the car so I went to the dealer and test drove a new 300c. I took the car out on the freeway and it was very quiet compared to mine. I guess I make another appointment at the dealer and see if they can get it figured out.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I don't have that problem on my 300C but I did have a similar problem on my other car. It was fixed from the dealer replacing the seal on the door but don't know if the 300C has the same problem.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
joey said:
Hemee,
I am not sure if you are describing the same thing, but my wife has difficulty closing the door on the first attempt. It often catches/hangs which requires she open it again and push it harder to get it shut. I thought the door was out of alignment and asked the dealer to adjust the door.
The shop foreman asked if my door was shut when this occurred, which it usually is. His point was the air pocket/seal in the car is very high in the 300 which makes it more difficult to close the last door. Just food for thought. So far I have a lot confidence in my dealer/shop foreman, so I tend to accept his theory.
Sorry joey, somehow I missed your post yesterday. I'm familiar with what you're describing, that's how my 'vette is, but this is not the case with my C... the door actually physically catches twice upon open and close, under all circumstances, and going past those 2 points causes a loud clunking sound. Dealer called last night and states they could not align it and must replace the hinges :( it will take 2-3 days to get them. They've already had my car 8 days... guess I'll just have to drive my 'vette :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts