Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my windshield wipers with the chrysler oem version and now their is noise when they wipe across the windshield, not when it is going across but when it hits the end of the wipe. As the instructions says I did use the applicator that came with the wiper unit.

Anyone know what to do about this problem? The car and windshield are washed/waxed every couple of weeks and the wipers were quiet perior to replacing them with the new ones. Anyone have suggestions on what to do to make the windshield wipers quiet again??????

Thanks...

·
Registered
435 Posts
k, this is going to sound crazy but... I had experienced this back in the late '90's and into the 2k years with those hideous plastic wiper blades people were putting on their sports cars the ones that were thick abs plastic and had some kind of blade design or scoops on them..
Well they were not as oem fit s people thought they were and it would add pressure to the spring load that actually holds down your wiper to your windshield so it doesn't fly off while you drive.
some times it'll adjust with a little bit of use, if not just give it very quick and light wipe with some wax... it'll wick slick the blade a bit and help wick the water away... it may be very bubba to do this but it works...

·
Registered
35 Posts
rain-x (the one that you wipe on and wipe off)...treat the windshield and give a wipe to your wipers with the stuff. smooooth as silk after that.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Is it making a sound as it drags across the windshield? usually only in one direction?

I have had a problem where the wiper blade would not flip over as it changed direction

ITs kinda hard to see it but if you stand beside the car with the wipers going you should be able to tell if this is the problem. I was able to fix mine by bending the wiper slightly so it was able to flip sides.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
People, thanks for the help and I'll try some suggestions..the windshield is teated and clean and it doesn't make the noise going across the windshield it makes it at the end - I'll check the flip ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts