Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Window and Sunroof Wind Deflectors... worth it or not?

8K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  ilmanzo31 
#1 ·
#2 ·
guess you're gonna be the first. Or maybe I will be. I've been thinking of doing this too. Besides the rattling issues I've been having it seems like that pop-up air deflector does more harm than good if it gets the shakes from a crosswind. I don't know how many times I've had to reach up and stop it from bouncing.

#4 ·
#5 ·
#9 ·
Just my opinion/observation, but I've never seen those on a Mercedes, Lexus, BMW etc.
I think the ones on Herminio's ride are ok, but only because they tuck in and you can barely see them with the chrome molding. If you get some, get that brand.

Window deflectors...if you must, but make sure you get good ones.
Sunroof deflector...only if you want your car to look like an accord or camry.

#12 ·
Yes, those are from Weathertech too like mines.

#13 ·
Blast from the past...

I bringing this one back again to get some specific information. I initially decided against these due to the effect on the over all look of the car, BUT ... I am so sick and tired of not being able to go even 35 mph without my ears getting wind blasted to the point I can't drive with my windows down.

So what I am wondering, from those who have installed them; what is the effect of these on the wind buffeting that occurs with the windows down? Do they reduce the Blast effect and if so, by how much? Up to what speed can you drive without the need to roll up the windows?

Thanks for any input anyone can provide...

#14 ·
XCITsNU said:
I bringing this one back again to get some specific information. I initially decided against these due to the effect on the over all look of the car, BUT ... I am so sick and tired of not being able to go even 35 mph without my ears getting wind blasted to the point I can't drive with my windows down.

So what I am wondering, from those who have installed them; what is the effect of these on the wind buffeting that occurs with the windows down? Do they reduce the Blast effect and if so, by how much? Up to what speed can you drive without the need to roll up the windows?

Thanks for any input anyone can provide...
"X"...I "used to" have the 'inside the rail' window
visors/deflectors,but I got tired on the wind noise (was kind of minor,but was irritating). I tried adjusting them several times,took 'em out,reinstalled,etc. The noise was still present,even though minor-still irritating;so out they came.
As far as how fast could you drive before you had to roll up the windows; as I recall it wasn't great,maybe 30-35..not positive

#15 ·
Thanks Stan,

That is what I was afraid of. I noticed that if I cover the lower back corner of the window when open with a traingle shape it reduces the wind in your face significantly. Not sure I am going to experiment more. I may try a few combinations to see if I can come up with something that works that doesn't impact visual style.

#16 ·
wind deflectors

joey said:
Someone posted these pics awhile back.
These look different than the wyckoff ones, which seem to extend over the pillars. My wife smokes and I have considered these for winter use so she can vent the smoke while it rains.
For a smoker this is a must.I had a town car and in the second year, the Master power panel shorted out due to water dripping in when smoking. As soon as I saw the 300C, for me it cried out for the window shields along with tinting ( of course). I went with Mopar and had the dealer install prior to taking delivery.I must sat that I'm much more than pleased,and the comments on the total apperance package just keep on coming.With respect to the sunroof wind shield, I poster on an earlier thread that I thought it looked like bird squat sitting on the roof.I also have an 02 MB C230 kompressor sports coupe and wouldn't consider putting it on either. But that's only my opinion, it's what you want that counts !!!

#17 · (Edited)
i have one on my sunroof. if youre that particular into how every little thing looks on your car, dont buy it. it definitely doesnt ADD anything, but it doesnt hurt the look. and above all, it cuts down your wind noise significantly, but still lets a good breeze in. i drove up to wykoff to get mine, worth every penny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.