Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my C in June. No problems until the window auto-up feature stopped working several months ago. Auto-down works fine tho. At my first oil change they reprogrammed it. Techs said something about the battery not having a full charge. It worked fine until the other day and stopped again! This despite knowing I drive the car enough to deliver a full charge.

So wtf? Anyone else have this problem? It's not a big deal but otoh it's a nice feature that I paid for and expect to function properly!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Brewdude said:
Got my C in June. No problems until the window auto-up feature stopped working several months ago. Auto-down works fine tho. At my first oil change they reprogrammed it. Techs said something about the battery not having a full charge. It worked fine until the other day and stopped again! This despite knowing I drive the car enough to deliver a full charge.

So wtf? Anyone else have this problem? It's not a big deal but otoh it's a nice feature that I paid for and expect to function properly!
Step 1: use the auto-down
Step 2: pull up on switch until window closes fully and hold for 3 to 5 seconds.

Fixed. If this doesn't work take to dealer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. It is intermittent and seems to fix itself so I don't know. I am going to try the quick fix though...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Cigar

Tried the quick fix and no cigar. I'll be calling the dealer to see if they can give me the reprogramming instructions........provided it can be done at home that is.

Sure will suck to have to schedule another service call for something like this, even if it is under warrantee.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, then again..............

Now the auto-up seems to be working..............sort of. At the mailbox today I rolled the window auto-down and then tried the auto-up. It worked but after the window came up about 1/3rd of the way it went back down again!!! So I tried it again and this time it went all they way up.

Guess I'll just have to monitor it's performance over the next week or so. My experience with equipment that's intermittant is that it usually fails completely at some point further on.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Brewdude said:
Tried the quick fix and no cigar. I'll be calling the dealer to see if they can give me the reprogramming instructions........provided it can be done at home that is.

Sure will suck to have to schedule another service call for something like this, even if it is under warrantee.
The fix for this is in our owner's manual. But here it is........

It worked, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vig
You need to hold the buton up for 2 seconds when it is all the way up then immediatley hold the button down all the way until it is fully down, past the second click of the button.

YES! It worked, thanks much! We should prob keep this post aro since it may occur again, and again.

Ken

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Brewdude said:

This happens to my car several times a week. I don't even bring this issue to my dealer anymore. Chrysler does not know how to fix the many electrical problems with the 300.

To fix the auto up feature, do the following:

1.) With the window in the down position, raise the window while holding the button in the up position.

2.) Hold the button in the up position for a few seconds after the window has closed.

3.) Then lower the window, but keep the button depressed while the window goes down.

4.) Keep the button in the down position for a few seconds when the window has fully opend.

5.) The auto up feature should now work properly.

If anyone has problems with any of the memory features on your 300, please feel free to call me on my cell at 410/591-0980. (Please note, I live in the east) Since Chrysler replaced my 1st 300 because most of the memory features didn't work, and they couldn't fix them, I consider myself an expert on what is the most disappointing and terribly engineered vehicle on the road today.

Just a side note. The A/C freezes up on my new 300C after 2 hours of driving. They are still working to fix this problem. The TSB instructs the techs to reprogram the computer, but this doesn't work. The dealer replaced the A/C control unit this week and I plan to take a 6 hour drive next week. I hope this work, but I have no confidence in Chrysler or the vehicle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used to have this problem. Auto-up would fail at every start, but could be fixed with the procedure mentioned above. (Only to fail again next time.) Then, it completely locked both front windows - one down, one up, and neither would budge. Both back windows worked fine. After playing with it many separate times in the garage, it started working again. But now they are both locked again, both in the up position. Back windows still work. Had to drive old car today so I could have the windows down on one of the last nice days of the season.

This is what I always feared about non-manual windows. This is a safety issue, as an avenue of escape is no longer available. Scary.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brewdude said:

hold the button up for a couple of seconds once the window is all the way up. this re-sets the auto up feature. This has happened acouple of times to me.
I found out how to do this in the manual. This should only happen if the battery dies etc... this however has not been the case.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tried the above mentioned quick fix and it worked perfectly. I haven't had the issue since.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had experienced a similar issue with my 2006 300-C. I took it into the dealer and they found a code that related to the driver's door window switch when checking the computer with the Star Scan tool. Dealer replaced it under warranty Friday no questions asked and it works fine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
503 motoring said:
Tried the above mentioned quick fix and it worked perfectly. I haven't had the issue since.
I tried that same fix once. It worked. Then, 2 weeks later, the window quit again and nothing will fix it. I guess I need to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having Auto problems as well.

I'm having similiar problems not isolated to the windows. Currently my passenger-side rear window won't roll down, my driver's seat auto-seat-back-on-exit doesn't work, my auto-down-in-reverse mirrors seem to return to the wrong position over time, and the auto up feature on the windows don't work (they roll up about half-way and then roll back down again on both sides).

All these problems seem sporatic since they seem to come and go. I've taken to the dealer several times and they alway seem to have the standard answer that they couldn't duplicate even though my rear window won't roll down when I check the vehicle in with the service advisor. Mechanically, the car sounds fine, but electrically, the car is in gremlin city. I find I can't trust the parking assist sensor for fear that it's wrong too.

I'm prepared to initiate my lemon-law initiative but I wanted to know how others have had these problems solved before doing so. Mine is a 2005 300c with 33000 miles on it.

Any suggestions/guidance would be appreciated.

Teesh

Gary Freedman said:
This happens to my car several times a week. I don't even bring this issue to my dealer anymore. Chrysler does not know how to fix the many electrical problems with the 300.

To fix the auto up feature, do the following:

1.) With the window in the down position, raise the window while holding the button in the up position.

2.) Hold the button in the up position for a few seconds after the window has closed.

3.) Then lower the window, but keep the button depressed while the window goes down.

4.) Keep the button in the down position for a few seconds when the window has fully opend.

5.) The auto up feature should now work properly.

If anyone has problems with any of the memory features on your 300, please feel free to call me on my cell at 410/591-0980. (Please note, I live in the east) Since Chrysler replaced my 1st 300 because most of the memory features didn't work, and they couldn't fix them, I consider myself an expert on what is the most disappointing and terribly engineered vehicle on the road today.

Just a side note. The A/C freezes up on my new 300C after 2 hours of driving. They are still working to fix this problem. The TSB instructs the techs to reprogram the computer, but this doesn't work. The dealer replaced the A/C control unit this week and I plan to take a 6 hour drive next week. I hope this work, but I have no confidence in Chrysler or the vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same for mirrors and windows (rear)

yatman said:
I'm having similiar problems not isolated to the windows. Currently my passenger-side rear window won't roll down, my driver's seat auto-seat-back-on-exit doesn't work, my auto-down-in-reverse mirrors seem to return to the wrong position over time, and the auto up feature on the windows don't work (they roll up about half-way and then roll back down again on both sides).
I have similar problems where from time to time my rear windows won't work. I also noted that my side mirrors lose their position after a while as well. I thought it was just me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Problems w/ rear windows.

a few months ago i had problems rolling down my rear windows. how I fixed it was I played with the "window lock" and both the "rear window" buttons...and no the "window lock" was not on so I played with it by pressing and holding the "window lock" down while I tried to engage the rear windows one by one. It finally work on the 3rd time for the right side and on the 5th for the left. i also have problems for my front window as mentioned above from time to time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately you are all experiencing the "benefits" of Chryslers acquisition by MB. This is an old problem for Mercedes owners. I had a '99 C-class and currently have an '02 CLK AMG which do the same things you're all describing. This is an electrical gremlin which MB has never been able to fix and has now spread to Chrysler (same suppliers and engineering). The reset procedure described will usually work (unfortunately I paid an MB dealer $160 to find this out), but the problem never goes away for good. Sorry.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my window behaved the same way one evening. but has not returned. I will try the reset instructions if it happens again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts