Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a couple of occasions I have tried to lower the drivers side rear window. Push the button on the drivers door and rear door and nothing. I checked the lockout switch. I tried it a few times. drove home. tried it again and now it works. any ideas ? The dealer can't reproduce the problem. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
Have you tried to reset the window switches?

go to:

http://www.300cforums.com/showthread.php?t=1004

and scroll down about 6 posts to the post titled "Standard Procedure" to be followed after each battery disconnect.

It tells you how to reset the power windows. That will probably fix the problem. Also, please be careful to avoid hitting the power window lock switch, it isn't marked too well and sort of sticks up to be bumped on. (Happens to me, too).

Also, do remember that the power switches, now of a new safety design, require a pretty good pull or push to function. The front ones, in the detent position, force an automatic full up or down without further touching the switch.

While you are resetting, if your steering wheel isn's exactly centered, try doing that reset proceduce which is also listed in the same post.

IMO, that post should be printed out by everyone and kept in the glovebox. I have had to use it anytime a techie works on the car; they almost always have to disconnect the battery and most of them don't know how to reset these features. They are messed up just about everytime the battery is disconnected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
No idea what the problem is but you are not alone.

I've experienced the same where the driver's side rear will not work from the drivers control (only happened once). Did the check for the window lock - Nope that wasn't it. Shut the car off, turned it back on - Nope that didn't work.

Then I tried to figure out if it was the window or the drivers switch for the window. Reached back used the rear switch and it worked!! After that the drivers switch also worked for the rear window.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
I've had the window go all the way up and then down half way-I was using the automatic close the window pull on the switch. Another time I lost the automatic up feature-I had to hold the button up to close my window. Each time I reset the window switch like Miles says and "Walah"....everythings back to normal. If it wasn't for this forum, I would be seeing the dealer quite frequently and wondering about the quality of my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Same issues

Driver's side rear window would stop working sometimes. Dea;er replaced window regulator, and it hasn't happened since. Also have the same problem with my passenger front window sometimes. Use the auto up, and it goes halfway back down like 5 times. Dealer can't figure this one out at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
joshmillslane said:
Driver's side rear window would stop working sometimes. Dea;er replaced window regulator, and it hasn't happened since. Also have the same problem with my passenger front window sometimes. Use the auto up, and it goes halfway back down like 5 times. Dealer can't figure this one out at all.
I had the problem once with the drivers window going all the way up and then half way down. Tried it like 5 times in a row. I shut the car off the restarted and it worked fine and hasn't happened since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
You just described a need to use the window reset discussed just above. Please try it and you'll probably be amazed at the results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
All this jazz about resetting doesn't remove the fact that it's flawed. I could understand if you had to do it once or after a battery disconnect but if it continues to happen then its just plain faulty. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
Tornnight said:
All this jazz about resetting doesn't remove the fact that it's flawed. I could understand if you had to do it once or after a battery disconnect but if it continues to happen then its just plain faulty. :mad:
That MAY be true, but until you check the reset, why bother taking it to the dealer and waste that time? Most of us would prefer to do it outselves if possible.

Any number of reasons could cause the windows to fail, including loose fuses which need to be seated, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info, I 'll try it tonight. It is strange that it has happened twice in about 3 months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
The link no longer works. does anyone have the new one? Also, is this the same reset for the auto up and down switch? I don't see how that will fix the rear window problem. My Rear Window on the driver's side stopped working, it does not go down from neither the front panel nor the rear panel. This is the same problem the first person on this thread posted. Let me know about the reset. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Tha187um said:
The link no longer works. does anyone have the new one? Also, is this the same reset for the auto up and down switch? I don't see how that will fix the rear window problem. My Rear Window on the driver's side stopped working, it does not go down from neither the front panel nor the rear panel. This is the same problem the first person on this thread posted. Let me know about the reset. Thanks!
AUTO UP FRONT WINDOW
If the vehicle is equipped with the auto-up front window feature, once the battery is reconnected the door module needs to be calibrated. The door module requires calibration anytime the battery or door module has been disconnected for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Connect the battery cables.
2. Using the window switch, raise the window to the full UP position. Hold the switch in position for 1 second, then drive the window all the way down to the bottom.

Worth a try..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
Jerk_Fitter said:
No idea what the problem is but you are not alone.

I've experienced the same where the driver's side rear will not work from the drivers control (only happened once). Did the check for the window lock - Nope that wasn't it. Shut the car off, turned it back on - Nope that didn't work.

Then I tried to figure out if it was the window or the drivers switch for the window. Reached back used the rear switch and it worked!! After that the drivers switch also worked for the rear window.
Jerk gave me an idea, my rear switch didn't work but for the heck of it I held it for 10 seconds and the window went down, I put it all the way down and back up again and it worked fine after I did that I tried the front panel and it started working as well. *I had previously held the button down for 10 seconds on the front panel but it didn't do anything*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
DLR is replacing my window regulator in Driver side rear door as a result of same problem. We'll see if it works!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
I have had this problem alot, taken it to the dealer they replaced the window mod. and it worked ok for a while now its doing it again. I reset my windows every week and then it happens again. Guess Ill be going back to the dealer for about the 20th time for these stupid problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
FAME2002 said:
I have had this problem alot, taken it to the dealer they replaced the window mod. and it worked ok for a while now its doing it again. I reset my windows every week and then it happens again. Guess Ill be going back to the dealer for about the 20th time for these stupid problems.
I took the car do the dealer over the weekend and I just noticed driver's side window auto up was not working! WTF they just did a tire rotation, what do they disconnect the battery for that??

I did the recomended procedure and it now works but should I have the window mod replaced? I held it for something like 5 seconds though. Or it doesn't have anything to do with that at all? Fame2002 any solution on your case yet????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Flawed?? Give me a break, just reset and get on with your life!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
My rear drivers side window would not up or down yesterday for the first time so I just left it alone until I got home and it just started to work on its own. I would still like to know what the reset procedure is because the link to it doesn't work.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,265 Posts
I have the same problem with my driver's side rear window. It won't go down. I just went out to the car and tried to hold the switch down for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, I heard a faint "ping" inside the door and the interior lights dimmed momentarily. Then nothing. I tried holding the switch in the opposite (raise) position and the same thing happened. The window didn't move, but after 10 seconds, I hear a faint noise inside the door panel.

Looks like I'll be visiting the dealership again real soon for a new window regulator.

I also have a sound in either the rear door or under the driver's seat. It sounds exactly like an aluminum soda can rolling around and it only happens when I take hard turns or brake hard. Something is rolling around loose inside a panel somewhere. I wonder if it's related to my failed rear window?

Finally, tonight my seat memory forgot all its settings as I switched drivers with my wife. What a pain! All my settings are completely different than hers, including the pedal cluster height. Too may electrical gremlins lately.

Yesterday, a driver behind me started flashing his headlights. I wondered if I had a low tire or something wrong with my brake lights. Then it happened again the same day! I arranged for a family member to follow me for several miles while I braked, turned, hit the gas, and then cruised. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. But two times in one day? I don't believe in coincidences like that. This car is making me paranoid.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top