Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's no question my 08 C will be getting windows tinted as soon as I've got a day for it. Skimming the manual looking for changes from the 05, something on page 367 really threw me though. They list aftermarket window tinting as one of the potential problems when the TPMS isn't working properly. As many/most people on the forum have tinted, am wondering if anyone with metallic-based tint and the TPMS has seen any problem.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something the manual also says the transmitters are in (3 of) the wheel wells. One would think there would be a lot more substantial metal parts blocking wireless signals than a thin sheet of metal-coated plastic on the windows. While originally skeptical of getting metallic tint on the 05 it didn't degrade radar detector or cell phone operation noticably, so could the TPMS really be so easily thrown? Thanks.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've got the fully metalized tint on my window and no problems with my cell or tpm... go for it, mine is an '05.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Go with ceramic tint to be safe. Because the metallic affects the radio reception as well so im sure it may affect the tpms. (advice given to me by RAMBIT, and id take his advice no matter what)

·
Registered
195 Posts
There's no question my 08 C will be getting windows tinted as soon as I've got a day for it. Skimming the manual looking for changes from the 05, something on page 367 really threw me though. They list aftermarket window tinting as one of the potential problems when the TPMS isn't working properly. As many/most people on the forum have tinted, am wondering if anyone with metallic-based tint and the TPMS has seen any problem.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something the manual also says the transmitters are in (3 of) the wheel wells. One would think there would be a lot more substantial metal parts blocking wireless signals than a thin sheet of metal-coated plastic on the windows. While originally skeptical of getting metallic tint on the 05 it didn't degrade radar detector or cell phone operation noticably, so could the TPMS really be so easily thrown? Thanks.
The WIRELESS control module will be affected by metalic tint . This module RECEIVES the signal from the FOUR tire valves and the REMOTE KEYS.It is located behind the ignition key. The 3 sensors in the wheel wells are only for tire location display in the evic LF RF RR .LR sensor is not needed by process of elimination.This makes tire rotation posible and evic to be instantly updated to show rotated tires correct pressure and correct LOCATION on the car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I recently put metallic tint on my 07 touring and come to think of it, since then my tire pressure light has been coming constantly. I was thinking it may be due to the fact that I need new tires within the next thousand miles but now I'm thinking it may be due to my tint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts