1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I've considered them as I had them on some past vehicles but I chose not to put them on my 300 as IMO it takes away from the car and I am not a smoker.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They make cars look ugly, don't you think so ?
it could look ugly if it's bulky, but it's pretty nice on certain cars especially when theyre slim or have matching chrome window trim

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
it could look ugly if it's bulky, but it's pretty nice on certain cars especially when theyre slim or have matching chrome window trim

She could come and rub my visor ANYTIME..!!!!!! ????

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Much nicer ^^^

·
Registered
24 Posts
It looks like the AVS visor would mount with tape vs. inside the window channel (as with the Weathertech product). I do like the very low profile though. I have the Weathertech visors on my F150 truck and did have them on my 2006 300. Haven't seen them on a 2nd Gen 300 though. As per the OP's initial request would be great to see a picture if anyone has them installed.

Cheers

Kevin

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks like the AVS visor would mount with tape vs. inside the window channel (as with the Weathertech product). I do like the very low profile though. I have the Weathertech visors on my F150 truck and did have them on my 2006 300. Haven't seen them on a 2nd Gen 300 though. As per the OP's initial request would be great to see a picture if anyone has them installed.

Cheers

Kevin
yeah, i personally prefer window visors that are mounted by brackets. most of my friends that have window visors on their lexus' and infinitis have OEM window visors that are mounted by brackets and look much nicer than aftermarket brands. i had GTS window visors for my 1st gen, but they were inside channel and slowed down the rate of the window rolling up and down.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never had them on any car I've owed or ridden in a car with them.
Just curious...What is the need for these?
being able to crack the window open without having all this air gushing into the car. it nicely lets me ventilate the car when i lay deadly farts :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've never had them on any car I've owed or ridden in a car with them.
Just curious...What is the need for these?
I like that you can have a window opened a little when it's raining and it helps keep the rain from dripping inside. Also, when leaving the car I would sometimes leave the windows slightly open (for ventilation) but if you look at the car the windows appear to be fully closed.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Not a huge fan of this mod, but I have seen some cars with it done nicely. Just a matter of taste/preference. You an always remove down the road if you decide you do not like. Good luck!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so i bought the AVS low profile window visors and they fit horribly. chrome trim on visors do not line up with chrome trim on car because the lining on the window visors are much smaller. also, they don't even fit when mounted correctly. i requested a return/refund last week and still haven't got a reply.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I don't like them either, but we had some Weathertech visors on our Town & Country, and those are the only ones I'd go with. They slip into the window glide channel and do not stick out very much. Anything that's added to the outside of the door looks tacky IMO.

I do not have any on my C, but if were to go that route I'd still choose Weathertech.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had the AVS ones on my Pacifica before my new 300 and took them off and will not put them on again. They worked fine but the big problem was they increased the width of the A pillar which is bad enough stock on the 300 but making them even thicker impairs vision way too much especially for pedestrians stepping off of curbs at intersections.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't like them either, but we had some Weathertech visors on our Town & Country, and those are the only ones I'd go with. They slip into the window glide crack and do not stick out very much. Anything that's added to the outside of the door looks tacky IMO.

I do not have any on my C, but if were to go that route I'd still choose Weathertech.
i kind of agree, but in the AVS low profile window visors, it stated that it would be the 'lowest profile' and that it even had a chrome lining making it look very sleek.. oh were they wrong.... i'm definitely going to go with the inchannel visors going forward.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have them on every car I own. These came OEM (I assume) with my 300S
not bad, i like how they're put on with tabs and brackets. i just wish they had a chrome lining to go with the car's chrome

1 - 19 of 19 Posts