Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car was flawless until yesterday when a big ol' rock from a towtruck put a ding in my windshield. Are there any other ways to fix it besides stoping at one of those places that set up in parking lots that offer to fix dings but charge it off to your insurance?

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Ari said:
Car was flawless until yesterday when a big ol' rock from a towtruck put a ding in my windshield. Are there any other ways to fix it besides stoping at one of those places that set up in parking lots that offer to fix dings but charge it off to your insurance?

WARNING, DO NOT USE RAIN-X!!!

If you have used it already you might be fine, but it you put rain-x on the chip they CANNOT sand blast it out.

Having said that, contact your insurance. They usually cover these things without any deductible charge and someone will come right to your house and do it.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
vvv90 said:
WARNING, DO NOT USE RAIN-X!!!

If you have used it already you might be fine, but it you put rain-x on the chip they CANNOT sand blast it out.

Having said that, contact your insurance. They usually cover these things without any deductible charge and someone will come right to your house and do it.
I didn't know that about the 'Rain-X'...thanks for the 'heads-up'. :wink1:

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
I didn't know that about the 'Rain-X'...thanks for the 'heads-up'. :wink1:
Neither did I until some guy showed up at my neighbors how to fix his windshield....He said: "You used rain-x didn't you?" My neighbor said yes and he informed him of the problem and then left.

Nothing could be done.

We were both stunned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts