Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Damn the trip to SF must be on a gravel roads with all the busted windshields and chips in the paint you guys got. Sorry guys!
It was quite the "spirited" drive out that way! Well worth it! :biggrin:

·
Registered
122 Posts
my windshield got hit by a rock today and left a dime sized ding in it, at least now i know how much dinero to expect to spend, will call my insurance rep first.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I paid $260.00 with rain sensors.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nano, where did you order your windshield from? It included the rain sensor? How much is the install?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a new question; yet related. I need to replace my windshield out-of-pocket because it's just vastly pitted and hard to see through with the sun so low in the sky now (NH/MA area). My rain sensing wipers already don't work and I plan to replace the windshield with one that doesn't have the sensor. Will this cause problems with the manual/interval (non-sensor) wiper system at all?

- .dave.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a new question; yet related. I need to replace my windshield out-of-pocket because it's just vastly pitted and hard to see through with the sun so low in the sky now (NH/MA area). My rain sensing wipers already don't work and I plan to replace the windshield with one that doesn't have the sensor. Will this cause problems with the manual/interval (non-sensor) wiper system at all?

- .dave.
Short answer, you bet it will. I know from experience that not only will it screw up the functionality of your wipers but your auto headlights as well. Had the windshield tinted in my ‘05 300c. The guy that did it pulled the sensor off the windshield instead of cutting the tint around it. Doing so really screwed up the adhesive gel that holds the sensor on. It won’t even stay stuck on. All kinds of weird wonky behavior out of both wipers and headlights.

I tell you, having your headlights randomly turn on and off is not cool.

I went into the personal settings menu and turned off the rain activated wiper feature just today and things seem to be working better now. I also found a listing on Amazon for replacement gel. Ordering it tonight. I’ll update you guys once it gets here and I get the sensor back on. Hopefully normal functionality will return

21 - 29 of 29 Posts