Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 300c for less than two weeks driving it four times when a stone apparently struck the winshield causing it to crack. NAyone have this problem? :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
You are asking if anybody has had the problem that a stone hit the windsheild causing it to crack? Um...that's not a problem, it's just plain bad luck (until a week ago I would have said that you are following people too closely, but somehow my windsheild got hit when the closest other vehicle was over 200ft away). Call your insurance company and get it replaced. Typically, windsheild replacement doesn't count against your no claim discount, doesn't count against your premiums, and carries a smaller deductible than the standard rate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
marlinspike said:
You are asking if anybody has had the problem that a stone hit the windsheild causing it to crack? Um...that's not a problem, it's just plain bad luck (until a week ago I would have said that you are following people too closely, but somehow my windsheild got hit when the closest other vehicle was over 200ft away). Call your insurance company and get it replaced. Typically, windsheild replacement doesn't count against your no claim discount, doesn't count against your premiums, and carries a smaller deductible than the standard rate.

I did that and dealer picked up the cost. I read that the winshield could have faults in it waiting to come out with the slightest nick. :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
Oh, well I suppose, I guess I see what you're saying now, that it wasn't hit in a way that you would have expected it to crack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
marlinspike said:
Oh, well I suppose, I guess I see what you're saying now, that it wasn't hit in a way that you would have expected it to crack.
Yes. I was shocked because we only drove it less than four times. :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I had my windshield replaced by the dealer as well. It developed a crack literally overnight and I first assumed it was caused by a stone only there was no impact spot. There was only the crack. When the service manager saw the windshield, he had it replaced on the spot courtesy of Chrysler.

Do NOT assume all cracks are caused by stones.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Had my C for 11 months and 15K miles and the windshield looks awful....a bunch of tiny pits and almost sandblasted 'hazing'. If this quality is any indication, I have to wonder if it can take regular use as well as the obvious stress it is under as evidenced by the 'windshield popping' noise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
Anybody know who's the glass supplier? I know MB uses the German company Sigla (or at least they used to, not sure if they do any more) and they are notorious for pitting, but supposedly they are safer in an accident and supposedly (I don't know how anybody would notice) are optically better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
jjs said:
Had my C for 11 months and 15K miles and the windshield looks awful....a bunch of tiny pits and almost sandblasted 'hazing'. If this quality is any indication, I have to wonder if it can take regular use as well as the obvious stress it is under as evidenced by the 'windshield popping' noise.
i had my windshield replaced for sandblasted apperance at 11000 miles and now at 26000 miles it is worse than ever. it is hard to see out of when you drive into sun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
I was hit by a flying stone from an oncoming truck, immediately after he passed I hear it CRACK, but fortunately only left a small bullseye in it. I had a repair done on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
toothdoc said:
i had my windshield replaced for sandblasted apperance at 11000 miles and now at 26000 miles it is worse than ever. it is hard to see out of when you drive into sun!
Mine is really bad as well. At 36K it is really done when you hit sun glare. I have never had a car that the glass got pitted so fast. :eek:uch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
markd said:
Mine is really bad as well. At 36K it is really done when you hit sun glare. I have never had a car that the glass got pitted so fast. :eek:uch:
Me either. Mine at 21K is really pitted in the sun. Are they making the glass softer now? What gives?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top