Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a diagram of the workings of the CRD passenger side wing mirror?

I got back to mine in a car park and the mirror was folded completely in. I hadn’t done it, but didn’t think anything of it until it would not move back into place with the electrics.

It looks like it has just popped off it’s housing as it is still more or less in place, but just swings forward and backwards on its pivot. I have tried pushing it back in, but as I am not sure of what I am pushing into I am a bit reluctant to push any harder....

It's amazing how often you use this while driving, especially with the number of motorway miles I do!!

Any help, gratefully received.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I've had a look in the workshop manual (LX), but the inner workings are not revealed - only instructions for removal and replacement of complete assembly. Also, specific details for the CRD version are not provided.

A while back, I had my passenger mirror replaced under warranty because the mirror refused to unfold. I was told by the dealer that I could have forced the mirror by hand to overide the electric motor, although I have never tested this. I wonder if someone else tried this on your car and managed to break something in the process?

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I have PM'd you asking you to contact me by email. I can give you the URL of an article on removing mirrors etc so as to add a turn signal shroud - shows complete stripdown and you can take out it what you need. Sadly it is directed to another forum and cross forum links are now not allowed.
Cheers John

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I have the similar problem, except the mirror goes high and far left.

Becuse I a new member I can't PM anybody. Can you please contact me with the link.
regards

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi, we can't PM you either so you will have to post your email address and I will then send you a copy of the URL of the link which MAY help you.
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I've had a look in the workshop manual (LX), but the inner workings are not revealed - only instructions for removal and replacement of complete assembly. Also, specific details for the CRD version are not provided.

A while back, I had my passenger mirror replaced under warranty because the mirror refused to unfold. I was told by the dealer that I could have forced the mirror by hand to overide the electric motor, although I have never tested this. I wonder if someone else tried this on your car and managed to break something in the process?
you can force them,both ways,its what I do to reset my mirrors when they refused to fold.(I've had new mirrors since though)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A PAIR OF ELETRONICIAL FOLD-IN-MIRRORS FOR OVER A YEAR NOW ,THEY DONT COME STOCK ON THE 300C HERE IN THE US YET IF I'AM CORRECT. CAN ANY ONE HERE HELP ME WITH THIS? [email protected]
I'm interested in this too, if someone has something that can show us how to switch out our US (non-folding) side mirrors with ones that can I would be thankful. I live in Japan and all the cars have auto folding side mirrors but since I bought my car from the military sales it is a USA spec car and doesn't have the folding mirrors and in JAPAN you surely do need them because parking and roads are so tight that if you don't fold them in they get wacked...

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I'am Sure These Electronic Fold-in-mirroes Turn Up In Parts Yards In Europe,australia,or Canada. Who Will Help Us Lx Lovers With This Mod ? Put Them Up On Ebay And Watch The Buck Flow In.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For those in search of folding mirrors, check Ebay Item #150247413108 for what looks like a UK spec car, silver touring (wagon), ready for breaking.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
THANKS GRIDHEAD I CHECKED THIS ONE, NEED MOOR OPTIONS ANYONE. HELP. HAS ANYONE WITH A 06 LX CAR TRYED THIS MOD YET? I REMEMBER ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM GOT A PAIR OF THESE ELECTRONIC FOLD-IN-MIRROS FROM A FRIEND IN EUROPE. MAYBE HE CAN SHARE SOME INFO. THANKS AL [email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts