Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is on the way so im currently looking for winter wheel combo preferably not cheap steelies.

A 17' combo with snows. Been to a few dealers and Rim shops. Know one has anything that fits.

Would you guys know any 17" rim that will clear the brakes?
I dont want to end up buying 18' rubber to put on my stock chrome 300C rims.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Anyone know if 17" stock steel wheels will fit a C, ideally a steel wheel/snow combo is most cost effective as long as it clears the brakes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what im looking for the winter a cheap 17" instead of swapping the winter tires on my stock rims.

I went on the tirerack website that jjs listed there are tires but not rims. only 18's

·
Registered
464 Posts
Charged said:
Thats what im looking for the winter a cheap 17" instead of swapping the winter tires on my stock rims.

I went on the tirerack website that jjs listed there are tires but not rims. only 18's
aren't the stock tires on your cars 18" ? :confused:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Would we have to get the computer re-set for 17" so the speed and mileage stays correct?

I was thinking winter too.... Hmmmmm What to do.....

·
Registered
378 Posts
MightyMax said:
Would we have to get the computer re-set for 17" so the speed and mileage stays correct?

I was thinking winter too.... Hmmmmm What to do.....
Gang,

There is no need for a "computer re-set" if you get tires that are the same diameter (or Close) to our 18's. They can be 15's 16's or even 17's so long as the diameter is close and they clear the brakes. I have enclosed a link that will let you see just what you will need. Add it to your favorite places for whenever you need it.

Link > http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html <

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Called tire rack today, they have a 300C package with 17" Dunlop Winter M2 and ATI Alloys for $1353. I asked about 17" steel wheels to save money but the steels won't clear the brakes and the alloys will. For the stock wheels, they have 18" Pirelli Winter for $149 and 18" Dunlop Winter for $194.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to a rim shop and had some fittings done.

Believe it or not the rim that cleared the caliper was a
17X9 Cobra R replica with a 24+offset. cant belive it who would of ever thought to try a rim made for a Ford Mustang.

The only thing is that because the rim is a 9" we have to go with a 255/65/17 as opposed to a 235/60/17.

These rims are also not to expensive for winter and they look decent just that you have a cobra symbol in the middle, just pretend its a viper thats all. Ha!

Just some info to share with you guys.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Charged said:

You didn't see the package with the big picture on the left for $1284?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Maybe this is a dumb question, but... I don't think of the 18" rims or tires on my 300C as anything really special. They are one of the cheaper things about the car. The tires are M&S rated. Why would you be changing them for the winter. Are you in the Yukon or something.

Bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jjs said:
You didn't see the package with the big picture on the left for $1284?
Sorry did see it JJS

Thanks!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rdmac said:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but... I don't think of the 18" rims or tires on my 300C as anything really special. They are one of the cheaper things about the car. The tires are M&S rated. Why would you be changing them for the winter. Are you in the Yukon or something.

Bob
Not quite The Yukon Territories but In Ontario, Canada. We do get our share of ice and snow, and a temp dip of -35 ocaasionally.
So with rear wheel drive and tons of power its something to think about..

·
Registered
770 Posts
Charged

Makes sense. Hey I see you have a 300M Special. I had a 2002. I live in New Jersey and down here I definitely had two sets of tires. Do you still have the Special. I enjoyed that car. Not as fast as the C of course but boy it could corner and handle high speeds with those 18" Michelins and the suspension. Had a nice growl to it too.

Bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rdmac said:
Charged

Makes sense. Hey I see you have a 300M Special. I had a 2002. I live in New Jersey and down here I definitely had two sets of tires. Do you still have the Special. I enjoyed that car. Not as fast as the C of course but boy it could corner and handle high speeds with those 18" Michelins and the suspension. Had a nice growl to it too.

Bob
I still own the 300special (37000KM) Honestly, I love the 300 special it is so comfortable. It a cool all around car. You have some power, handling is there and its very roomy. All my freinds that sat in it say the same thing.

I didnt believe the growl until my friend told me, when i used to drop him off at home. He actually took it for a ride so that i can listen from the outside of the car the growl it makes. Pretty cool.

I definetly have a second set of winter tires for the 300M. Those Michelins are stricly summer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I attended the SEMA show in Vegas 2 weeks ago and had a chance to talk with the head of 300 development. He is responsible for everything about the 300. I was walking the show floor prior to opening and ran into him while he was setting up the Hurst 300C Special. What a beauty. The car had 22 inch rims and some wide looking tires.

I own a Dodge Magnum SXT with 17' rims and had purchased a set of RT 18' rims and tires. I asked my original dealer before purchase if they could be calibrated for my car and they said yes. My dealer in town did not have what I wanted so, I purchased the car at another dealer.

To make a long story short, I went to my dealer in town and they told me to "GET THOSE RIMS OFF AND PUT THE 17's BACK ON. The warranty will be voided." There are upwards of 20 computers that had to be flashed and the software has not been released to the dealers yet to do this modification. All aspects with the handling will be affected, bad. I did as I was told.

Back to SEMA, I asked the head of 300 development if this was true about not being able to change rim and tire size. He flatly stated YES, you should NOT change anything and the 2nd dealer was correct. The handling is greatly affected. He also said that Chrysler/Dodge is very worried about all the tire/rim modifications being done and that there is no quick fix available. I asked him about the setup on the Hurst 300C and he said that Chrysler has not yet been able to calibrate that setup. They hope to be able to do it and release the car with the same or similar setup.

Careful, these cars are not your cars or old. Don't shot the messenger. Anyone need a set of RT Magnum rims and tires?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts