Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Nokya arctic white series 2 headlamps in my car and I've had them for awhile and everything is good and they look good but I would like to have peice of mind and get a heavier wire harness to support the loads. The bulbs are 100w and 120w so they are quite a bit higher... Anyone know where to get such a thing? I hear of them but dont know where to get em!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
wings19 said:
I have some Nokya arctic white series 2 headlamps in my car and I've had them for awhile and everything is good and they look good but I would like to have peice of mind and get a heavier wire harness to support the loads. The bulbs are 100w and 120w so they are quite a bit higher... Anyone know where to get such a thing? I hear of them but dont know where to get em!
Noble idea, wings, but may be totally unnecessary.

Our LXes are famously over-engineered in most any critical area I can think of.

If you have over-watted the harness, heat is the guaranteed by product. In the morning, with the vehicle cool, turn on your headlamps for 5 or 10 minutes, then grab hold of the wires just short of your bulb assemblies. If they're cool, you're good to go. If they're hot, you're not.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll have to give that a try. In most places I've seen and heard from a few people that it isn't such a big deal in new cars but older ones they recommend the harness...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would definitely recommend getting the harness. Especially if you do alot of night driving, those 80 watts (which is what high wattage 9006 bulbs run, not 100w) will eat the small Chrisler wiring and plug away. Many a horror stories i've heard of melted plugs and wires. The gauge of the wire of factory wiring is way to thin. Go with KYO brand harness. It's plug and play, no need to cut off the factory plug like with the Nokya or other brands. I ran those when I got some high wattage deep blue bulbs off ebay. Don't run them anymore cuz I switched to Luminics bulbs, which are hella bright and OEM wattage.

Here they are:
http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-33149.cfm

If you plan on keeping these Nokyas, better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
aniki said:
those 80 watts (which is what high wattage 9006 bulbs run, not 100w)
I'm not mistaken when I say they are 100w low and 120w high beam... They are Nokya stage 2, they really do look good just like HID. I've driven next to BMW's and such with mine and the light on the road is the same color but of course theirs is brighter but I like em. And yes I would rather be safe than sorry thats why I was wondering where to get them.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
aniki said:
...those 80 watts (which is what high wattage 9006 bulbs run, not 100w) will eat the small Chrisler wiring and plug away. Many a horror stories i've heard of melted plugs and wires. The gauge of the wire of factory wiring is way to thin. ..
What type of vehicle do you drive, aniki?

Name your sources re. LX-body DCX cars shipping from the factory with less than ample gauge wiring?

Your statements do not match common experience with these very highly engineered LX automobliles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh snap, then I would definitely get the harness!!! I forgot Nokya came out with that Stage II series. Yeesh! I can't believe you haven't melted them already! Get em. Get em soon!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Meister said:
What type of vehicle do you drive, aniki?

Name your sources re. LX-body DCX cars shipping from the factory with less than ample gauge wiring?

Your statements do not match common experience with these very highly engineered LX automobliles.
I got a 300 base, but used to have a Civic and then a 4Runner. Both got wire damage from the Nokyas I ran, and they have thicker stock wiring than Chrysler. And they were 80 watts, not the new 100. The guage on the KYO harness is 14. When I plugged them into my 300's headlight socket, they were easily double maybe even 2.5 times thicker than factory.

And not to say the factory wiring isn't made up to par, just that it's made to withstand a certain amount of use. Designers don't think of the aftermarket, they think of the bare minimum.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll do the 'touch test' that you said Meister and I'll see if they get hot... But for preventative measures I might get a harness anyway. Worth the $50 i think just in case.

I also have the same stage 2 bulbs in my fog lights but they are 55w

·
Registered
41 Posts
wings19 said:
I'll do the 'touch test' that you said Meister and I'll see if they get hot... But for preventative measures I might get a harness anyway. Worth the $50 i think just in case.

I also have the same stage 2 bulbs in my fog lights but they are 55w
$50? The price is like 20 some odd bucks per pair.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I would need two pairs, high and low beams and actually i have the bulbs in my fog lights too but they are 55w and shouldnt be a problem

·
Registered
136 Posts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts