Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new here still, and kinda new to owning a Hemi. I now own 2. Anyhow, I am really wanting to clean up my engine bay and make it look, not so much like a nightmare, lol. My 2005 300c 5.7l looks horrible under the hood. Now I have thought about getting rid of the plug wires and switching to straight coil on plug. Is this possible and what all would I need to make it happen? has anyone here done it already, and if so, how did it affect hp and torque? I really don’t want to attempt this if it is going to have a negative affect.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Welcome to the forum. In a way I am kind of like you. I own 3 Hemi's, one 05 and two 06's and decided to do what you're thinking of doing with the rat's nest wiring over the top of the engine and get rid of Chrysler's failed "Wasted Spark System". I also wanted them all alike for troubleshooting/part swapping purposes as needed. Be aware that you won't gain a thing power wise by doing this mod. All it will do is clean up the engine compartment a bit. Another option, if you don't want to spend the money on this mod (it isn't cheap) is to get a set of Taylor Shorty wires which does the same thing but doesn't look quite as nice. I did this first and didn't care for it. With this setup, you'll still use your stock coils......with the complete changeover to the 06> system, you'll need new coils, new valve covers and the pigtail wires and plugs for the later model coils, as they're completely different. Here's some pix of mine with the shorty wires and then with the 06> setup.

P8180029 (211 x 158).jpg
PC201245 (600 x 449).jpg
PC201246 (600 x 449).jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts