Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone elses wife latched on to their SRT8 yet? Mine normally drives an 05 Silverado but when it went in for a service visit she took the SRT8 and now I can't seem to pry the keys out of her fingers!

She raves about this car, loves everything but Sirius (likes XM in the Silverado better). And she's had it over 120 already! Geez, I thought I liked it.

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
waiting for software

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think you liked it too, but LIKED may be the operative word here.
How badly do you want to keep her happy? Think you might buy another one, to keep you both happy? Good luck!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
My wife is the exact opposite of me, I'm a car nut ... she, I think, would drive a refrigerator if someone would put four wheels on it. A car is nothing more than an appliance to her. When it came time to look for a new car, I was looking at the SRT-8, she was telling me she thought one of those Priuses would be nice (thank God it wasn't pink). She gets miffed when I tell her to park The Beast away from the other cars in the parking lot, it's just too much trouble. You get the picture. Anyhow, yesterday she had to go on a business trip to another city and rather than read the instructions on how to use the nav system decided to rely on MapLost. Next thing I know, she's calling me from her cell asking me how the nav works. Seems MapLost got her into a rather unseemly neigborhood (where the 8 was a big hit, btw) and couldn't figure how to get out of there. I walked her through the nav, kinda like an air traffick controller talking a passenger into landing a 747 after the pilot and copilot have passed out drunk in their seats). Needless to say, the nav allowed her to escape with both she and the 8 unscathed. Is she a big fan of the car now? I dunno, at least she loves the nav. But she did complain how much noise the TPM chimes were making on the way home. Boo f'n hoo! I'm driving a $45k supercar and I have to listen to a few ding dongs. :kiss:

Rick

·
Registered
323 Posts
Wife know better than to get near the drivers seat. The closest she can get to driving is sittin in the pasenger seat.

stevesrt8 said:
has anyone elses wife latched on to their SRT8 yet? Mine normally drives an 05 Silverado but when it went in for a service visit she took the SRT8 and now I can't seem to pry the keys out of her fingers!

She raves about this car, loves everything but Sirius (likes XM in the Silverado better). And she's had it over 120 already! Geez, I thought I liked it.

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
waiting for software

·
Registered
593 Posts
just wait till she takes the car in the divorce settlement :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
been there

been there done that. EX wife already took a nice car. NEW wife is much improved model.

Note that new wife whispers "go get 'em, tiger" as 06 Charger R/T harasses me on the freeway and gives him a thumbs up as we pass him at 140!

This girl's a keeper!

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's funny...a few weeks ago, my girlfriend was handed the keys to a brand new SRT6 as a loaner till her regular Crossfire is ready for her to pick-up. I was way more interested than she was in getting a chance to drive it around for a while.

Now she's all excited because the dealership just told her that her car will be ready next week and she can come get it then. I have to admit, after driving that little SRT6, the ride is kinda cruel & cramped. For that kinda dough, the Magnum is way more car for the money.

But it is a quick little beast.

·
Registered
299 Posts
My wife loves the speed / power as much as I do, but she just feels this car is too big for her and hasn't even driven it yet. She has a new Cooper S and that car is a perfect blend of size and speed for her. Just have to convince her to get it tuned, is all (great aftermarket stuff).

·
Registered
323 Posts
marnepup said:
just wait till she takes the car in the divorce settlement :biggrin:
I dont think it would ever happen because its a "Company" car. My dad and I own a construction company. We are incorporated therefore she cant touch nothing company related. :banana:

She dont care about it anyways. She is happy with her Isuzu Rodeo.

·
Registered
909 Posts
M y wife was a SHirley Muldowney freak-a-like

She would come out to the strip with me on what they used to call "Powder Puff Day " (Ladies Day.)

She had a 66 mustang Hi performance 289.

She tried to drive my 1969 all out 340 Dart GTS but the competition Hayes clutch was too much for her.

She hasn't asked about the HEMI yet, but her Acura MDX lease is coming up and she just saw the ad for the SRT8 JEEP

I THINK I'M IN TOUBLE. :AR15firin :AR15firin

·
Registered
476 Posts
My wife drove the 05' SRT-8 for a few months, then went back to her Navigator. Sigh... Anyway, it seems my car attracts other women. I pulled up to the mall and a group of couples was walking through the parking lot as I parked and as I get out of the car the attractive blond hanging on her boyfriends arm, tells me my car is incredible. It was funny, cause he looks at her and says, "you never say that about my car". I didn't see what car he was driving, cause I was getting the kidsout of the car, but it was kind of funny.

·
Registered
593 Posts
stevesrt8 said:
been there done that. EX wife already took a nice car. NEW wife is much improved model.

Note that new wife whispers "go get 'em, tiger" as 06 Charger R/T harasses me on the freeway and gives him a thumbs up as we pass him at 140!

This girl's a keeper!
Any woman who calls you "tiger" and makes it sound natural (as opposed to forced) is a keeper...like Peter Parker's girl, MJ...grrr!

·
Registered
323 Posts
kevenj said:
sounds like you got it all planned out :banana:

I make it sound bad. She just knows how much im into cars and does not want to be responsible for even putting a little scratch on it. Therefore she does not drive it. She can drive it if she really wanted to. She has driven it about 2 times, one of them being a 2 hour trip. She thinks its too big and powerful, so she prefers her V6 Rodeo.

·
Registered
909 Posts
A common occurrence

XCITsNU said:
My wife drove the 05' SRT-8 for a few months, then went back to her Navigator. Sigh... Anyway, it seems my car attracts other women. I pulled up to the mall and a group of couples was walking through the parking lot as I parked and as I get out of the car the attractive blond hanging on her boyfriends arm, tells me my car is incredible. It was funny, cause he looks at her and says, "you never say that about my car". I didn't see what car he was driving, cause I was getting the kidsout of the car, but it was kind of funny.
I get those comments all the time, especially from "younger" women. They'll slobber all over the car, give it the thumbs up and one of those sexy remarks and then scoot away. Some even did the old quick glance back to see if I was looking.

AND even with my wife in the car !

Wifey knows I'm am staight and it's OK. But she'll occasionally call the real hot ones a bitch.

Anything to keep the adrenaline flowing.

·
Registered
193 Posts
stevesrt8 said:

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
waiting for software
My wife normally doesn't care anything about cars but I made the mistake of letting her drive my 300C and now I can't get her out of it. When my SRT-8 gets here I won't make the same mistake....

·
Registered
593 Posts
chasb said:
I get those comments all the time, especially from "younger" women. They'll slobber all over the car, give it the thumbs up and one of those sexy remarks and then scoot away. Some even did the old quick glance back to see if I was looking.

AND even with my wife in the car !

Wifey knows I'm am staight and it's OK. But she'll occasionally call the real hot ones a bitch.

Anything to keep the adrenaline flowing.
Yep...jealousy has its upside! A friend of mine's wife actually sends him out to strip clubs every now and then, for two reasons...it gets him all hot and bothered, which he promptly takes out on her when he gets home, and it puts her in a "something to prove" mood, thinking about his eyes all over those hot bodies. win-win! If only more women thought like that...

·
Registered
160 Posts
i know this thread is old but just wanna share
got an 07 srt8
started getting scratched in the parking lot where i work at
no cameras =(
so at that time i decided to let my gf drive it for her work and i use her car an old toyota 1.8 hehe

its been about 5 months now and I'm stuck with her car while she enjoys mine for the sake of not being scratched

whenever she dont get to use my srt8 to work she gets sad
and then i start to feel bad

am i wrong here or what should i do? lol

one thing tho she's very careful with my car so thats one +

·
Registered
142 Posts
My wife drives the Jeep with the 5.7 in it. This little snot drove up beside her at the light and was pounding out the tomato cans with the boom box thumping away. When the light changed the wife gunned it and let the little snot in the dust. She turns her head to me, smiles and says HEMI.

Dante!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just got mine a few weeks ago and like others have said, she thinks it's too big and doesn't wanna risk scratching it or anything. She was the same way with my 06 grand prix gxp. Then she ended up taking it over. That will not happen this time! :mad:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts