Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2006 Service manual in pdf format (No Probs)

I've also got a 2008 Service manual in htm format requiring Internet explorer or other internet based program which also needs the SVG viewer. installing (Hope your with me so far)

Since updating to "Internet Explorer Ver 11" I can no longer view the service manual because I cant select "Compatibility View" in Version 11.

Firefox or Google Chrome don't seem to work either.

Has anyone had similar problems and found a way round this ? or alternatively where can I get a 2008 Workshop Manual in pdf format ??

I don't particularly need wiring diagrams at present but knowing our cars I would like to "Be Prepared", as the scouts say, dib-dib-dib (For all you ex scouters) Lol

Jack

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
I found with SVG you can only view one page.....so you MUST straight to the page you need to view without deviation......after that you have to shut it down & restart

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found with SVG you can only view one page.....so you MUST straight to the page you need to view without deviation......after that you have to shut it down & restart
Thanks, but I cant even view a single page now.

With SVG and the previous version of Internet Explorer I could navigate through the entire manual and visit every page as long as I set it to "Compatibility View". It was very good before because there are links on some pages that can be clicked to take you to another associated diagram, i.e. electrical plug drawing and pin-outs, or location of the item.

May have to get the pdf version of a 2008 manual from somewhere if I cant get it sorted.

Just wondered if anyone else uses the same Internet Explorer based manual and has found a way round the problem.

Jack

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks very much for taking the time to help and the link. I downloaded the SVG viewer because it was a different version to mine. Installed it but still cant view the manual (Well I can open the manual, but I cant select a different page) This is typical of what I used to get before, until I selected "Compatibility View" on the previous version of Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer 11 is supposed to sort itself out if it recognizes a page needs "Compatibility View". It may do on web sites but not on my workshop manual.

Think I will have to buy a pdf manual from somewhere.

Thanks again
Jack

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
Thanks very much for taking the time to help and the link. I downloaded the SVG viewer because it was a different version to mine. Installed it but still cant view the manual (Well I can open the manual, but I cant select a different page) This is typical of what I used to get before, until I selected "Compatibility View" on the previous version of Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer 11 is supposed to sort itself out if it recognizes a page needs "Compatibility View". It may do on web sites but not on my workshop manual.

Think I will have to buy a pdf manual from somewhere.

Thanks again
Jack
do you get anything? I found that provided I got an initial page / diagram, I could jolly it into providing another page by hitting the blue 'home' button first

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^^^^^^

I can open to the initial page using Internet explorer, then click a button that comes up to "Allow Active X". I then get the "Menu Page" where I can select "Service Information" or "Wiring Information". Clicking either takes me to a page with 2 tabs where I can select either "Servicing Info" or "Wiring" I'm then presented with the sections of the manual with descriptions and a load of + signs to open. Its the + signs or sections that I cant open.

Its not computer problems. Tried on 3 machines. Its a Internet Explorer 11 issue.

Its a problem Ive had for months since the IE update, just never bothered trying to resolve it. Thought I better get it sorted in case I get a problem. (Like we all do at some time, because we own a Chrysler) Lol

Thanks

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't you uninstall the IE11 update and revert to the previous version?
Thanks for that. I had considered that but hoped someone had come across the problem before and found a way to run IE11.

From what I read, if using Windows 8 you cannot go backwards from IE11 but with windows 7 (Which I run), you can.

Think I will give it a go and go back to IE10 (I hope)

Thanks again.

Jack

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Can't you uninstall the IE11 update and revert to the previous version?
Well,

Uninstalled IE11 upgrade and gone back to IE10.
Can now open wiring section of manual OK but the "Service Info" tab is still difficult to get working, but it never has been an easy system to get working.

Thanks for the advice and the push to sort it myself, devilmaycare.

I would still like to obtain a manual in pdf format though if any of the previous members can dig a copy out.

Thanks everyone for the help. Not totally resolved, but on the way.

Just got to make sure I dont install IE upgrades in future. I've un-ticked the relevant box, but you know what computers are like, Got a mind of ther [email protected]*dy own. Lol

Jack

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Glad your getting somewhere with the problem, Jack. I wasn't sure how easy it might be to revert, but you've obviously managed it. I'm always nervous about "updates" as they're not often for the better. I'm always chopping and changing browsers, currently using Chrome, but I don't like IE.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^^^^^^

No I'm not keen on IE either.
I use normally use Firefox but that wont allow me to view the manual, neither will Google Chrome.

I just uninstalled the IE update and it automatically reverted back to IE10.
This can't be done if using Windows 8 though, got to use IE11.

Jack

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
I like IE, dont like chrome & firefox.....but as you say, updates are increasingly a pain. I had to revert because I cant live without the one jump buttons offered by yahoo toobar to get to my favourite sites. Yahoo toolbar doesnt work with 11

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like IE, dont like chrome & firefox.....but as you say, updates are increasingly a pain. I had to revert because I cant live without the one jump buttons offered by yahoo toobar to get to my favourite sites. Yahoo toolbar doesnt work with 11
Yeh, its each to their own. I never install toolbars etc and keep my installations of any addittional software to a minimum. Just use the long method to get where i want to be.

jack

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone come up with a pdf manual yet, I spent over 2 hours the other night looking for one on the net
Well i still havent got one for the 2008 model.
Managing with html version but cant get to the SERVICE section, only WIRING section.

jack

1 - 20 of 57 Posts