Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I really appreciate that ^^^^^^ thanks very much. Started download which will take a long time but it does appear to be what I'm after. (Or at least its labelled as what I'm after)

Thanks again.
Will let you know later (Takes about 2 hours to download and mine is supposedly a fast connection.

Jack

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well would you believe it !!!!!!!!!

It was a really good try BUT Its the same 2008 manual that I've already got ? i.e. Its the html version and not the pdf version. I should have realised before I downloaded becasue it was a zip file whereas other downloads on the same site are shown as pdf files to download.
Thats a bummer.

Wonder if there actually is a pdf version of the 2008 manual ?????

Thanks for trying though. I never found that site while searching.

Has anyone actually got a pdf version of a 2008 model for the 300C ?
Or is the search fruitless ?

Jack

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I can't get that one to download, but I think it will be the same as this one listed on my site

HOME - theduxs,com

I have been in touch with some of the ebay sellers, and they assured me that their manuals did cover the facelift models......but they don't

The search goes on
Yes, i bought a manual off ebay and found it only covered earlier models.

i can only assume there isnt a 2008 pdf manual for the facelift 300c.
i know where the error lays with running the html version. Its a "script" error, but i dont know anything about the html language. Looks as though i may have to learn, but could be a big struggle.

jack

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
In what areas would you expect a 2008 manual to have significant differences from the 2006 version?
Really big differences in wiring. I can access wiring section of elctronic version of manual at moment which is OK.

But i would like access to Service section as well.
Its just one of those niggly little things i cant let go of and like things to be working as they should.

Not real problem, i think its me making it a problem i cant let go of it till its sorted.

jack

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well finally got 2008 Workshop Manual working perfectly. I wont go into full details unless anyone particularly needs help when I would be glad to go into detail.

Basically need to downgrade from Internet Explorer 10 to version 9. Then set the Document mode to "Quirks".

Nice to have a Workshop Manual available again.

Jack

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Now can you convert it to pdf!!
Good question, but its not possible.

Using the html version you can easily jump from say a wiring diagram of the swirl motor, (why did I pick that one), click on a highlighted item and it will jump to show the physical location on the car, or click on a connector number and will jump to show the actual pin numbers on plug etc.

(It may not do exactly what I've described for swirl motor but it does for most items and is much, much more interactive than the pdf version) Shows pin connection details for most connectors etc. Click on a module shown on wiring digram and will show you where module is fitted.

Would still have liked a pdf version as a backup but cant convert it to one.

Jack

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thought you had found the answer then but no.
That only converts one particular page to a pdf file. There are thousands of pages involved in the html manual and a "script" runs in the background that makes it interactive and jump between drawings and locations.

It is a much better manual than a pdf version but im afraid im eventually going to have a problem keeping it working for one reason or another. (Mainly IE updates). I have though stopped the system trying to update to IE10 by runn a seperate Microsft Toolkit file on computer. (Its not straight forward to stop IE9 updating to IE10 (No option to disable updates, it just does itrs own thing)

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
If you have the later versions of office (2007 and above) on your PC (most people have) then open it in word and then save it as a pdf.

Word supports HTML and has the builtin PDF converter.

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
If you have the later versions of office (2007 and above) on your PC (most people have) then open it in word and then save it as a pdf.

Word supports HTML and has the builtin PDF converter.

cant...he'd have to do it hundreds of times as only loads a page at a time, & co-ordinates a diagram page to match.

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Never tried it with a big document so will take your word as gospel.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts