Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Worlds first 6-71 Supercharged 300C SRT8 (Moved)

16K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Maistro69 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Sure, but a blower through the hood on a 300? Better on a Challenger IMO.

#10 ·
???

Didn't hear any hate there. Just a dissenting opinion. That's what these boards are all about.

Personally, I feel the same, as the 300 always seems too classy for these kinds of mods.

BUT, it is your car. So you get to do whatever you want!

And, let's face it, it is an outrageous mod!!!!

#13 ·
Didn't hear any hate there. Just a dissenting opinion. That's what these boards are all about.

Personally, I feel the same, as the 300 always seems too classy for these kinds of mods.

BUT, it is your car. So you get to do whatever you want!

And, let's face it, it is an outrageous mod!!!!
Ehhh I was grouchy. Many, many, 20 hour days trying to pioneer a build like this works on ya cuz theres no one to call for answers as nobody else has done it and nobody truthfully thought we could. Thank you Southern Hotrod Rod, Thank you! It just rubbed me the wrong way, sorry and I agree it's just an opinion. Just see so many guys with 300's thinking/hopeing everyone thinks there driving a Bentley when they probably haven't a clue that the 300 was/is considered the first "muscle car" ever. (Way back when of course) Anyway here's a pic of the hood down as requested, and another quick video

#11 ·
Lookin good!! Any idea what kind of numbers? Or did I miss something? If my 300 was not my daily driver, I would do this in a heartbeat. Nicely done.

#12 ·
Yeah - what can something like that put down. 700hp...800?

Eric

#16 ·
The goal is 8-900 rwhp on pump gas. Race gas tune and boost #'s will be kept confidential. It's still drive by wire and works exactly in every way as it did from the factory except the power pedal is quite a bit more responsive.:)
One of the most important goals in this project is absolute streetability. I've got probably a 100 lbs of sound deadening, all aftermarket speakers, 10" JL W7 with heavy enclosure and amps. This is not a stripped down race car and it will be driven to and from the track. We believe anybody can build a trailer queen, for us the challenge lies in streetability. The video/audio can't capture the true awe of being next to it in person. The blower is well over half the size of the engine and you can only capture that by being beside it. The cam hits so hard you can feel it in your bones. It's just outright awesome :biggrin:

#20 ·
I like this part

One of the most important goals in this project is absolute streetability. I've got probably a 100 lbs of sound deadening, all aftermarket speakers, 10" JL W7 with heavy enclosure and amps. This is not a stripped down race car and it will be driven to and from the track. We believe anybody can build a trailer queen, for us the challenge lies in streetability.
Now that gets my attention. It's great to imagine it would be a "real" car and not a show queen.

#17 ·
I can imagine what it feels like to drive.I just installed the HO intercooled procharger kit on my 2006 300srt8 and it feels outright sick.
probably nothing compared to that....lol....
good luck with the project.
here is a link to mine if interested. you tube (300c srt8 procharged.Ill be the first one on the list.)

#19 · (Edited)
When I was in the Navy I was a diesel mechanic. And I gave a few of those 671 blowers the deep six. :) But you did a nice job, look bad a$$.

#21 ·
nice ... i cant wait to see it in person again. that is one thing i can say about billy. he drives that thing. he drove that car when it was a n/a 426 to MS to come race with us , ran deep into the 11's and drove back home.

#29 ·
wait wait wait!! this car is too classy for this mod??? WHAT!!!! that is one of the most awesome things ive seen in 2009!!!! dam!! imagine that rollin up on you!! you better go buy a pick up so u can haul back all them doors ur gonna be taking! NICE!!!! please post some video of that beast on the track ASAP. sorry im still in awe here.

#30 ·
Your car is "the sickness". That is the baddest thing I've ever seen on an LX, expecially because it's a 300. I already sent the PM to SHR to find out about having this done to my 09' Challenger SRT. What'd you guys have to do to the transmission and rearend to hold this power though? I have a 6M and can't imagine it holding behind this.

#31 ·
Heres a little "Blues Brothers" style video we made. We didn't plan on it but it just worked out that way. Youtube and photobucket wont let the audio play due to copyright for the music so we posted it here
Kooks TV : Worlds first 671 supercharged SRT8 On the road baby...

As far as the Tranny Eddie at SHR is the KING of building a bad azz tranny so no problems there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.