Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '06 300 SRT. It's in pretty good shape; The paint is in pretty good shape for a non-garaged 13 year old car, except:

All the paint around the door handles (mostly in front) is worn off. Has anyone else had this? If so, is it difficult to touch up and/or repaint? (fwiw, it's black)

Thanks!

·
Registered
793 Posts
My black 06 SRT's driver's door handle is doing the same thing on the inside where you grip it. I haven't messed with it yet, but I am sure I'll have to remove the handle to repaint. I do know that once you pull the different color plastic pins that help secure the door panel, new ones will be needed. I've bought some (I believe stealer only) and they're not cheap. I already have a few missing from the other doors and just bought enough to replace them. If anyone has a good, relatively inexpensive source, please let me/us know.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
For those funny little fasteners I went to Clips and Fasteners dot com.

It took some searching - they have EVERYTHING - but eventually I found what I was looking for. I purchased push in plastic rivets, Xmas tree rivets, those door panel clips, etc...and keep a box handy in the shop.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Thanks, Michael, hope they're less than at the stealer. I paid about $35 for 9 of them. Do they have all the different colors?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts