Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so my wife asked where the battery was on the SRT8 and I told her, of course, in the trunk. So she asked since you couldn't open the trunk with a key, what happens with a dead battery (a REALLY,REALLY dead battery)? How do you get the trunk open to change the battery? Don't the key fob and dash button still rely on 12 volts to open the trunk?

·
Registered
410 Posts
OK, so my wife asked where the battery was on the SRT8 and I told her, of course, in the trunk. So she asked since you couldn't open the trunk with a key, what happens with a dead battery (a REALLY,REALLY dead battery)? How do you get the trunk open to change the battery? Don't the key fob and dash button still rely on 12 volts to open the trunk?
Cant you get into the trunk via dropping down the back seat? Also, what about the battery in the front of the car?

·
Registered
776 Posts
there is no battery in the front, but I suppose you can you the front point to jump the car, or at least hook up to a battery tender to get enough juice to pop the trunk

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yep, the battery's in the trunk. Want a really stupid design? My Mom's Buick has the battery under the back seat!!!! Let's see... leaky battery -- oh, let me light a cigarette.

·
Registered
19 Posts
can't you open the door with your key and then hit the trunk open button inside, I don't think you need power for that to work?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yep, the battery's in the trunk. Want a really stupid design? My Mom's Buick has the battery under the back seat!!!! Let's see... leaky battery -- oh, let me light a cigarette.
It is not stupid. It is actually smart. It is called weight distribution. Makes car better handle and grasp the road. Front is already too heavy. I think all bimmers have the battery in trunk and 3 series has some of the best weight distribution among production cars.

Pull down back of rear seat on left side, slide into trunk and pull safety latch as explained above.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
can't you open the door with your key and then hit the trunk open button inside, I don't think you need power for that to work?
The trunk button is electrical, therefore dependent on the battery.

And as far as weight distribution, fine -- put the battery in the trunk, but don't put a hydrogen gas-producing device in the passenger compartment, turning the car into a bomb. They're enough of that already. That stupidity is perhaps the reason GM is scrambling just to survive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a solution to get into the trunk! Video included.

I just created a video of how I was able to get into my 05 300C trunk with NO battery installed in under 5 minutes! But it won't allow me to post the link yet, since I am new.

Error I get:
You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 4 posts or more. Posts in the OffTopic section do not count.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I just created a video of how I was able to get into my 05 300C trunk with NO battery installed in under 5 minutes! But it won't allow me to post the link yet, since I am new.

Error I get:
You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 4 posts or more. Posts in the OffTopic section do not count.
Therefore make 4 posts!

Reactions: Immabos

·
Registered
11 Posts
You only need 2 things to pop your trunk without a battery installed, or if your battery is shot.

#1. A 12 V Car Lighter Adapter
#2. A 12 V Power Source (I used a rechargeable battery from a cordless Skil drill)

Take the 12 Volt adapter and plug it in the the auxiliary power source underneath the center console/arm rest.

Touch the positive wire from the adapter to the positive side on the drill battery, and negative to negative.

Once you have it connected, your dash lights will light up like Christmas! Hit the Trunk button on your dash or your keys, and boom! Your trunk is now ajar.

I will post link to video next.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's the video tutorial on how to get into your trunk in less than 5 minutes, without manual release, and a dead/bad battery! Hope this helps someone out there!

300 Car Battery Trunk Hack

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trunk button on inside works on battery. Got into the trunk but the open er that hangs down is gone so don't know what to do next. Is there a latch that pushes open? My friend got into the trunk but does not have the strength to push the latch. This is from a 72 year old woman

1 - 17 of 17 Posts