Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a non navigation Chrysler 300c. I was thinking of installing a ipad mini as my head unit. I know i will need a new bezel and it will be a lot of work. But does anyone know if an iPad mini would fit into a double din bezel? I need about 8.5 inches in length and 5.5 inches in width. Thank You

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
Standard double DIN dimensions are 7" x 4". That's a lot of grinding and finishing but it can be done. Some of the mini bezel can be covered without affecting operation.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What year do you have? Look at Insane Audio Jeep. They have a plug and play unit that fits the older Jeep head unit, which I believe is similar to the older version in the 300.

Its a full on Android tablet, but made for a car

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have done this install. It's not something you do with novice experience in fiberglassing. I can send you a picture of the finished product with some pointers if you like?

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is before I did it matte black to blend with the interior. The bright Metallic Silver colour match was just a bit too blinged out for my conservative taste

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Already been there done that. I miss radio stations

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you zoom in on the one I did, you can see the deleted ashtray. I'm not a smoker so it looked nicer with the chrome trim strip drenched in from behind. The heater controls also sit lower. It makes them easier to access for me.

So you can see, it's really up to you how you want it to look. I went for a more unique look. Hope yours works out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts